YOU ARE COMMITTING A FEDERAL OFFENSE

BucketHead

Last night in the yard we heard the following broadcasted over a PA system of some type from way down the line...we couldnt make it all out but ill type what i remember

"ATTENTION, YOU ARE COMMITTING A FEDERAL OFFENSE...PRIVATE PROPERTY... STOP..."

Again, i cant remember all that was said, but it sounded like a recording, and it seemed like the played it or said it twice...

No police showed up, no rail cops no nothing, we left just as we would had we finished our pieces and all... Does any one know what this could be about? is this some kind of standard way of clearing the yards? Im a pretty seasoned freight painter, but i have never heard of something like this happening...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What kind of writer would carry around a megaphone and yell in a live yard? Not to mention that its a spot that ive been painting for years, and no writer would bother to defend it. Im almost positive that the announcement came out of a first engine about 75-100 yards down the line...

What railroad company if you don't mind me asking?

The recording came from an engine? The radios are loud, while benching I can hear the RR chatter over the radio from about 100 ft or so away, but without anyone in the engine I don't see how the message could be transmitted. While in the yard are their PA system units on the top of telephone poles? That shit would freak me out...I dunno what to tell you except go when its chill, w/ no paint or anything and try to find out where it came from...

It's just a scare tactic, there was a wall that I walked by to get to my yard for awhile that was painted and buffed almost daily so the police set up a message that was triggered by a motion detector. It said something to the effect of "You are tresspassing, leave now" and then it took a picture and said "these pictures will be used to prosecute you." I was always turned away from the camera so I had nothing to worry about.

So yeah, scare tactic.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

It's just a scare tactic, there was a wall that I walked by to get to my yard for awhile that was painted and buffed almost daily so the police set up a message that was triggered by a motion detector. It said something to the effect of "You are tresspassing, leave now" and then it took a picture and said "these pictures will be used to prosecute you." I was always turned away from the camera so I had nothing to worry about.

So yeah, scare tactic.

---ummmm you better look into that bro! Them boxes do exist and yes they wax that ass off of em. yo.....I know where you at dog.:eek:

Guest rob deer

I guess they were doing that kind of thing at bridges in milwaukee but when a freind tried to trigger one we discovered that some neighboorhood kid had smashed it with a rock.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by ader47

Same sort of thing happened to my friend the other day, but he was inside the train and it said something like you are comitting an illegal offense, you are on camera

again i wasnt there and i dont know exactly what it said..

Was that a BR or a tube?:confused:

Archived