Waking Life

Sickboy

Such a great movie. The animation was so incredible. It probably helped that I was blazed. The subject was very ineresting. Lucid dreams is can get so deep. I've tried lucid dreaming in the past and have only gotten to the point of finding out I'm really dreaming and tried to to take control. The feeling was to overwelming though so I snap out of it usually. The procedures that I've read about in order to accomplish a lucid dream haven't exactly worked out. This movie has made me want to try it out again though. Back to the movie. The way he switched the animation style was interesting beyond belief. He kept it to the same type of format though and each scene had its own type of texture to the way the drawings were produced. It was amazing. It was hard to understand sometimes because the animation was so complex. I'm gonna have to watch it again soon.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Sickboy

Such a great movie. The animation was so incredible. ... The way he switched the animation style was interesting beyond belief. ...each scene had its own type of texture to the way the drawings were produced. It was amazing. .... I'm gonna have to watch it again soon.

word word.

i just recently watched this movie too. and loved it. im so glad the B-buster rents movies out for a whole fuggin week.

oh and GO WATCH THIS MOVIE, it will make you VERY :cool:

i think u have to be blazed to completely enjoy this movie. it got kind of boring in some places because my vocabulary isnt big enough to understand wut the fuck these people were talking about. if ur like me it helps to have someone smarter than u are explaining the different theories. is it just me or did that african guy make no sense at all? i found the animation to be kind of distracting from what the people were talking about because it was constantly moving

but that shit about ur brain continuing to think like 15minutes after u die got me thinking about what the afterlife really was and shit

this movie is really ineresting/dope.

but im pretty sure u dont need to be blazed to understand it...just intelligient

u dont need to watch this movie just listen

the part off the top of my head that i can remember as being really interesting was the part about dream minutes and waking minutes... very interesting. and the part in the beginning with the blonde chick

.."words are inert their dead their just symbols, what is love when i say love, the word comes out of my mouth, hits your ear, travels throught this byzantine conduit in ur brain, and u perceive it to be the same as your memories of love or lack there of, you say u understand but how do i know u understand!

and so much of our experience is intangible so much of what we perceive can not be expressed its unspeakable

and yet you know when we communicate with one another and feel that we've connected and we think that were understood

i think we have a feeling of almost spritual comunion and that feeling might be transient but i think its what we live for"..

this movie fucking sucks.

it reminds me of when i first got to college and every priveleged little shithead was so busy "finding themselves", dying to hear themselves talk with all these new opinions now that mom and dad arent around. fuck this shit. no content just corny basic philosophy babble, misusing all those new words they heard in their last lecture trying to sound fucking intelligent. mixing the word paradigm into phrases like, "isnt it like amazing to just you know sit and think about stuff". i really hated that movie.

the animation was shit too. all of it looked like video what was shot too cheap and uninteresting so they had to run it through some corny filters and pass it on to the animators to try and make bearable for 2 hours. the logical point of animating something would be to create scenarios and images that cant really be done with a real image. not just make a shitty video sketchy and shaky in an attempt make it feign content.

i could give a fuck what those people had to say much less what someone wrote for them to say.

dumb.

-jerk182

Originally posted by Sean Daley

this movie is really ineresting/dope.

but im pretty sure u dont need to be blazed to understand it...just intelligient

u dont need to watch this movie just listen

the part off the top of my head that i can remember as being really interesting was the part about dream minutes and waking minutes... very interesting. and the part in the beginning with the blonde chick

.."words are inert their dead their just symbols, what is love when i say love, the word comes out of my mouth, hits your ear, travels throught this byzantine conduit in ur brain, and u perceive it to be the same as your memories of love or lack there of, you say u understand but how do i know u understand!

and so much of our experience is intangible so much of what we perceive can not be expressed its unspeakable

and yet you know when we communicate with one another and feel that we've connected and we think that were understood

i think we have a feeling of almost spritual comunion and that feeling might be transient but i think its what we live for"..

i might peep it this weekend

Originally posted by yanceypants

is it just me or did that african guy make no sense at all?

he did

but i believe his was the hardest part in the film

he studied some really weird, esoteric shit in college

but i really liked what he had to say after i watched it a few times to understand it

Originally posted by Jerk182

much less what someone wrote for them to say.

a few of them were college professers in austin

though i do see where you are coming from on some of the stuff

most people that are completely cognizant of the film dislike it, or at least discard the philosophy as "sophomoric"

Archived