Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the flow

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by mr.VIRS, Aug 23, 2003.

1. mr.VIRS

mr.VIRS Member

yo ppl wasup i know i most of you will give me beef for this thread but wtf maybe ill get help
    for every sketch i do i get this comment " the letters dont flow" i dont get it wut is that flow you all talk about ??? it's been driving me nuts so please if somone wunts to help and explain it i would appricate it i added my sticker for you to explain on it if at all
    [​IMG]

2. belton_uk

belton_uk New Jack

someone cant tell u how to get flow, flow will just happen wen u are at home wiv your letters, plus dont post ever skecth uve done sketch for like 3 months then come bak wiv wat shud be gettin there and quite decent

3. Vlad

Vlad Senior Member

Virs, those are just straight letters
    try to twist them around

4. JayFo

JayFo Member

flow is when the letters go nicely togoether and "flow". It's somethin that doesn't flow is a straight letter, wavy letter, a crazy wildstyle letter, and then one handstyle letter. They are all differnt and all just don't fit well together and don't "flow". Flow is when like each letter has the same style to it and they all work well with each other makin the piece look good.

That make sense? I can't explain it much better... and I also can't see your pic, but whatever... I don't care and I'm very tired, i just woke up.

5. EveryWhere

EveryWhere Senior Member

start trying to make all your letters connect.

i cant think of a good v to i connection but its there.. somewhere.

an example is

the bottom right leg of a R can become the bottom of the S. thats a type of flow

6. mr.VIRS

mr.VIRS Member

ohh i know wut you mean
    and i got that connection between the v and the i

7. EveryWhere

EveryWhere Senior Member

show us when you done

8. mr.VIRS

mr.VIRS Member

ill post somthing later on this week i got my pinky cut off so i cant sketch now

9. EveryWhere

EveryWhere Senior Member

howd u manage to cut your pinky off

10. mr.VIRS

mr.VIRS Member

the door got slamed on it

11. JayFo

JayFo Member

yo man, you cut off your fuckin pinky? You act like it's nothin too... wtf? How does closin a door actually cut the fucker off? You mean you just like cruised it bad or somethin shit? Or do you straight have your finger in one hand and a stub on the other? Cuz for real, you should be goin to the hospital and gettin that shit sewed back on if it was actually cut off lol. you wouldn't be on 12oz askin about flow let alone even gettina sketch by the end of this week or even month... lol

12. PushYaMind=>

PushYaMind=> New Jack

OUCH!

13. mr.VIRS

mr.VIRS Member

no i dont have a pinky on my right hand any more
    i cant post a flick of it cuz fatcap is down the door was slamed on it and my finger was beteen the door to the bars that hold it and it just got cut off they tried to sew it back but the tissues died ny the dime we got to the hopital the finger was dead and now its unrepairable its not a joke you dont laugh about shit like that and it happean last night so the just sewed the hole gave me a pain killers and sent me home i was out till 5 pm today

14. toad_AAA

toad_AAA Member

damn virs i hope you feel alot better cause that sucks
    get well really soon it sucks to lose an artist

15. EveryWhere

EveryWhere Senior Member

fuck that SUCKS.

i use my pinky to hold a pencil too.

that would suck so much...

im sorry man. :(