Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

something about sleep

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ?!?!, Jan 10, 2002.

1. ?!?!

?!?! Guest

this is about my sleeping problem. im sure its too long and most of you wont read it, but its 530 am (a hint to my problem) and im bored.

how many people never sleep at the right time.
    from people iv met no one is as bad as i think i am.
    i cant ever sleep when i need to. its not a problem of sleeping, its a problem of sleeping when i want to.
    like right now, its 5:30, i have to be at school by 8.
    and i probalby wont go to bed untill like 7, and fall asleep around 730.
    when i come home ill sleep untill about 5.
    i tired to find things to get me to sleep eariler at night.
    so i went to bed at like 7am and woke up around 9am. 2 hours of sleep.
    now instead of going back to bad, i decided to stay up so then go to bed aroudn 10pm that night, so i could wake up early the next morning, go to bed around 10, wake up early...etc
    now what happened, 10pm came and i wasnt tired at all.
    3pm...still not tired. 5pm...still not tired.
    i didnt go to bed untill almost 7.
    so i said, well fuck it and woke up at 9 again. i figured, now if i stay up untill 10 again i know forsure ill fall sleep.
    fucking again, i didnt get to bed untill like 6 the next morning. so i just stayed sleeping and woke up around 4pm.
    iv been this way for like 5 years.
    i went through 4 years of high school by going to bed an hour before school, then half sleeping in my classes, then going to bed when i got home.
    which is why i almost failed and now im stuck in community college.
    does anyone else have this problem.
    if you have like insomnea or something that doesnt count, thats some medical shit.
    i dont have a problem sleeping, once i fall asleep i can sleep 10 hours easily but i can never no matter what fall sleep untill like 6-7am.
    i blame news radio and party of 5. they used to show reruns at like 4-5 of news radio and then party of five came on at 5-6. mon-fri. so i would watch them alot.
    so does anyone else have a problem like this...

2. I only read the first line, i suffer from it to.
    imagine that i live in europe(different hours) i signed off at 10:30pm (your time) and i just woke up now 5:30. Goin to get some work done:D
    Sleep is for the weak:D

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

i feel ya
    i work nearly 12 hour days 10am to whenever usually close to 12am
    then i come home and go on here and watch tv until 7:30 or so in the morning, sometimes i go to sleep but sometimes i dont, the other week i got less than 5 hours sleep probably... im not tired though, it just bugs me that i should be sleeping but im not

4. patrickjilbert

patrickjilbert Member

i just think/worry about death before sleep, and that sucks.

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

sleep is the cousin of death

6. When

When 12oz Loyalist

my words coming out of your mouth

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i know how it is , when i was in school it wouldnt be such a big deal because the routine would make me get early , although i almost failed too , but i still wouldnt get to bed until like 3/4 , but if there was a holiday or weekend id sleep atleast 13 hours , which would screw up the routine

now i work usually at night so i just stay up till 5/6 and get up at like 3 , but its still screwed up and annoys me alot

my .O2

8. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i fell asleep just trying to read all that.

i love sleep. i can sleep anywhere, anytime. it comes in handy when you have like an hour or 2 to kill between doin shit, you just have a snooz, then when it comes time to get moving, you are fresh and rejuvinated. rock n roll

9. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

radiation termination.

10. alkaline

alkaline Elite Member

There are a number of threads where I have discussed my sleep disorder before.

The worst is when you don't sleep or only get a few hours of sleep for days on end. When it finally catches up to me, I fall asleep in the strangest places.

If your sleep problem is more a problem of falling asleep when you want so you can get on a schedule ... like your sleep pattern is just messed up, I suggest you invest in a bag of pot. Smoke a lot about an hour or two before you want to go to sleep. Do this for a couple of days if you have to. Also, don't take naps during the day ... or if you do, make sure you only sleep for about 15-20 minutes. If you nap long enough to go into REM sleep, you're fucked when bed time comes around.

This is all from experience, but if this becomes a serious problem (not that I'm saying that it's not already), see a doctor.

11. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

sleep is not necessary.

12. Iris

Iris Banned

your circadian rythmns are completely off which can also affect your health. you should look inot trying sleeping pills. there this kind you take for a week that i was on and even if they don't work they make you feel really good.... lets see..... i can't remember the name but they have a commercial for it out. oh well. talk to our doctor.

13. chizm

chizm Senior Member

the cuzzzhhhin?