Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ray Guns!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by FunTimePartyTeam, Jul 22, 2005.

1. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

2. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

hahaha.."less lethal" thats fucked up...

3. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

Scientists worry about Pentagon's new ray gun

*edit for those who are too lazy to click on a link

[​IMG]

Scientists worry about Pentagon’s new ray gun

Lenses, pocket change could intensify effect of ‘less lethal’ weapon

LONDON - Scientists are questioning the safety of a "Star Wars"-style ray gun due to be deployed in Iraq for riot control next year.

The Active Denial System weapon, classified as “less lethal” by the Pentagon, fires a 95-gigahertz microwave beam at rioters to cause heating and intolerable pain in less than five seconds.

The idea is that people caught in the beam will rapidly try to move out of it and therefore break up the crowd.

But New Scientist magazine reported Wednesday that during tests carried out at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico, participants playing the part of rioters were told to remove glasses and contact lenses to protect their eyes.

In another test, they were also told to remove metal objects like coins from their clothing to avoid local hot spots developing on their skin.

“What happens if someone in a crowd is unable for whatever reason to move away from the beam,” asked Neil Davison, coordinator of the non-lethal weapons research project at Britain’s Bradford University. “How do you ensure that the dose doesn’t cross the threshold for permanent damage? Does the weapon cut out to prevent overexposure?”

The magazine said a vehicle-mounted version of the weapon named Sheriff was scheduled for service in Iraq in 2006, and that U.S. Marines and police were both working on portable versions.

4. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

^My friends nicknamed me "herbs" during highschool because of my affection to green.

Anyways..

I wonder if this ray gun would cause guns to fire or any explosive devices in the area to go off. Any kind of pressurized can for example? Wonder if that shit would heat up and blow..?

5. r3b3lth3ory

r3b3lth3ory New Jack

tht is some messed up shit!!!... less lethal my ass...

6. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Ma'am get out of the car or im going to ray gun you.

7. chivita

chivita New Jack

dam it is about time, hahahahado you think later on we'll be blastin ray gun every new year instead of regular ol guns?

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

9. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

10. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

[​IMG]

"Laser, shmaser. My crafty trickle-down economics have been bringing the heat to pocket change for over a decade. Meow!"