Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Punnet table help,Horticulturits where you at?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Frate_Raper, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

I skipped 2 classes about setting up Punnet tables for plant genetics and I'm working on my take home exam for my Botany for Gardening class and I'm stuck,the inter web hasn't been much help I need some one to explain this shit.

Yeah Yeah i'm studying gardening fuck off

2. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

i'm not sure how in depth whatever you're taking is
    but i do know that all a punnet square does is take each chromosome of the two species being crossed and shows all the possible outcomes of reproduction

is that along the lines of what you're doing or more indepth?

3. The Leader

The Leader Senior Member

4. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

yeah i was gunna say the same thing the guy who frst replied said...

its like AB fucks ab

A B
    a aA aB

b Ab BB

im wrong and i only did like grade 12 biology.....but like thats the shit ur talking about right? them squares....anyways, lucky thing u got a take home exam. tell us how u did!

5. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

[​IMG]

What is a Punnett Square and how do we use it?

A Punnett Square is simply a tool to help you understand how alleles are passed to the next generation. It enables you to follow each parental allele as it could get passed to the next generation.

Use your book, the book CD, and the following figure to help you along here with a monohybrid cross. All you have to do is know the genotypes of the parents-- that tells you which alleles each parent could offer to the next generation. The alleles they could give are what you write along the side and top of the square; once you figure out what letters to write along the side and the top of your square, it is easy to fill in. Here's a description for how to do a parental generation monohybrid cross between individuals that are purebred.

[​IMG]

6. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

i hope your knowledge of plants doesnt end you up in the clink.

7. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

8. sneak

sneak Guest

my knowledge of plant biology amounts to understanding photosynthesis and knowing the words "xilem" aand "flowem".

9. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

10. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

thanks everyone I did ok on the first small on but we did some SERIOUS shit that fucked me.

Heavy lox is the fucking winner!

11. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

heavy lox posted what i was talking about
    monohybrid isn't so bad... its keeping track of 2cnd and 3rd gen dyhybrid crosses that get tough

punnet squares need good book keeping