protecting your computer...

T=E=A=S=E

what are you guys using for your virus protection software and pop up blockers and so forth?

im running norton but it seems that i still have some virus it says that cant be deleted for whatever reason (which makes no sense to me at all).

also, i used to have ad aware 6 and i ran that and it found like 43 things that it couldnt get rid of for some reason either.

also, i dont know if any of you guys are running the new version of norton or not, but if you are, does yours always pop up this annoying as crap box that is asking you if you'd like to allow or permit or block such and such a function? its horribly annoying.

i heard there is a new version of ad aware 6 thats really good and a free download, anyone know where to find it? i tried looking on (lavasoft.com, but apparently thats not where to find it anymore).

so what are you guys doing to protect yourselves from viruses and pop ups and so forth?

:hatred:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

tease, use avg antivirus (it's free), fuck norton. spybot sdk for the adware and spybots, peerguardian for those times you get on p2p to steal software.

also, download mozilla firefox from mozilla.com

it blocks pop ups automatic like....plus it's faster than internet explorer....

thanks for the recommendations casek.

that "avg antivirus" program, where do you download it from? same goes for that version of spybot?

i did find spybot search and destroy 1.3 and downloaded it, seemed to do a pretty good job so far...

anything else?

grisoft.com tease....find the link to the free antivirus and sign up. don't worry about them, though. they don't flood you with spam email. the version of spybot you got was the only version. make sure to update and immunize regularly....like every few days. or atleast once a week.

peerguardian is available from methlabs.com

feel free to ask anything else. i may be able to point you in the right direction.

what the fuck is going on with my shit, fuck i hate the internet sometimes.

i downloaded ad aware se, ran it, and it found a bunch of shit and i got it all deleted and taken care of, but apparently it must have also deleted something in the network connections because on my desktop i can no longer access the internet.

i tried unplugging my modem and usb signal catcher but it still doesnt work.

the signal catcher is working properly but the "local area connection" says its not connected or something might not be connected.

how the fuck do i fix that shit?

Once agian I say AVG free shit is not worth shit because I had it and I got a trojan horse with about 45 viruses, which AVG was unable to delete and eventually my harddrive was deleted by the viruses. Ever since I bought spyware doctor from http://www.pctools.com I have not had problems. Just run a full system scan often. You have to pay for it but it is well worth it in my opinion.

tease, i don't have aim right now. don't have any IM proggies. what you need to do is either a) reinstall windows over your old version (it won't hurt anything)

or b) add a new network connection by right clicking on network neighborhood. my network places is what it's called, i think...anyway, right click, go to properties, then add new connection. go throught the little wizard thing...it has options...if it's xp, it will be a ton easier. if it's 2k pro, it will be almost as easy.... just follow the little onscreen instructions.

if you are still having trouble, hit me up and i'll check the thread in a little while.

Archived