Need Computer Expert Help

Tough Love

okay....ill give you all a run down of the course of events that have lead up to the point where i am now.

Last night I was working on something in Photoshop, and as I go to save, this message box pops up, saying something to the likes of "please save your work, this is a NT AUTHORIZED system shutdown, your computer will shut down in " and there was a count down. And sure enough, it shut down and restarted. this happened two times last night. During the second time, i tried running a virus scan as the pop up was counting down, but it said "norton antivirus is corrupt, please reinstall".

after the second shut down, everything was running decent, and no more message boxes popped up. the only thing i noticed was that after a while of using the computer, at least while it was connected to the net, i could not seem to open anything unless i went to "start>programs etc".....like for example, id click my desktop short cuts, and there would just be that timer thing for a mouse, and a little while after it would stop and nothing would open.

today, im having that same problem mentioned above. After a while of using the computer, i can't open anything anymore. right now i can, but say after an hour or so, nothing will open from my desktop. some things do open from using start and whatever, but i cant open internet explorer. i cant even right click on my desktop and get the properties drop down dealy.

now i dont have any clue whats going on. the night the system shutdown counter box came up,i was able to run a virus scan after thigns settled down and it ran fine. there was no viruses detected. the day before yesterday everything was working fine. even yesterday morning and afternoon, things were fine.

the only other thing that may have fucked my computer over is that there was a power outage yesterday, but my comp was turned off during it, so i dont know how that couldve done anything,....

anyways, any sort of help would be greatly appreiciated...sorry its so wordy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest sneak
Originally posted by Tough Love@May 27 2005, 09:49 PM

box.jpg

thats the box that i just got again right now......

last summer i saw this so much i went crazy.

anytime i saw a countdown anywhere i wanted to punch it.

it's the MS blaster worm, not a virus. you need to dl a patch for it. the patch is available on microsoft.com. if you don't have enough time to dl the patch before that error comes up, then make a cd rom of the patch on a friends comp and then dl it from the cd. that shit is old news though...you should upgrade your firewall, or start using a router or something. or just buy a mac, haha.