Monetary Currency

Sarah Tonin

so the other day I was rummaging thru my luggage bag which i still havent unpacked from my trip to sao paolo last year(almost a year before last, damn) and i come upon little over $300 brazilian real in one of my jean pockets. you know damn well ya fuckin girl was amped but soon that ampededness turned into confusion and i was soon slapped with the reality of that i wasnt in brasil anymore and this money is completely worthless over here. does anyone know of any spot im supposed to go to trade this shit in for some us currency. the bank, customs(im not really down with driving all the way to D.C for this shit as someone suggested), airport?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Sarah Tonin

so the other day I was rummaging thru my luggage bag which i still havent unpacked from my trip to sao paolo last year(almost a year before last, damn) and i come upon little over $300 brazilian real in one of my jean pockets. you know damn well ya fuckin girl was amped but soon that ampededness turned into confusion and i was soon slapped with the reality of that i wasnt in brasil anymore and this money is completely worthless over here. does anyone know of any spot im supposed to go to trade this shit in for some us currency. the bank, customs(im not really down with driving all the way to D.C for this shit as someone suggested), airport?

airport

Live mid-market rates as of 2004.03.15 16:48:57 GMT.

300.00 BRL

Brazil Reais = 103.289 USD

United States Dollars

1 BRL = 0.344295 USD 1 USD = 2.90449

go to your local international airport there should definately be a currency exchange booth somewhere there

your local bank shuold also take deposits and automatically convert them

or your local city most likely will have booths

go to your bank. any bank can exchange money. any bank can also sell foreign money. most don't have it on hand, so you have to 'order' it, but they can all get it.

trust me on this.

on a side note, what the hell is up with the double speak?

'luggage bag'? 'monetary currency'?

thats like saying 'trout fish' or 'carrot vegetable'.

seeks/police cop

Originally posted by seeking

go to your bank. any bank can exchange money. any bank can also sell foreign money. most don't have it on hand, so you have to 'order' it, but they can all get it.

trust me on this.

on a side note, what the hell is up with the double speak?

'luggage bag'? 'monetary currency'?

thats like saying 'trout fish' or 'carrot vegetable'.

seeks/police cop

hahahaha lovin it.

well deto used to work for a bank and we did do exchanges with some currency, and if we couldn't on the spot we would send it out to another bank that did and you would get it in about 2 weeks. it cost about $6.00 plus tax, if i remember correctly....

Archived