Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Monetary Currency

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Sarah Tonin, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

so the other day I was rummaging thru my luggage bag which i still havent unpacked from my trip to sao paolo last year(almost a year before last, damn) and i come upon little over $300 brazilian real in one of my jean pockets. you know damn well ya fuckin girl was amped but soon that ampededness turned into confusion and i was soon slapped with the reality of that i wasnt in brasil anymore and this money is completely worthless over here. does anyone know of any spot im supposed to go to trade this shit in for some us currency. the bank, customs(im not really down with driving all the way to D.C for this shit as someone suggested), airport?

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

airport

3. Sarah Tonin

any local international airport?

4. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

yeah...no, wait! knoxville international...hee hee..nah, try any international airport. i'm sur ethey have a currency exchange booth or something

5. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Live mid-market rates as of 2004.03.15 16:48:57 GMT.
    300.00 BRL
    Brazil Reais = 103.289 USD
    United States Dollars
    1 BRL = 0.344295 USD 1 USD = 2.90449

go to your local international airport there should definately be a currency exchange booth somewhere there
    your local bank shuold also take deposits and automatically convert them
    or your local city most likely will have booths

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

go to your bank. any bank can exchange money. any bank can also sell foreign money. most don't have it on hand, so you have to 'order' it, but they can all get it.
    trust me on this.

on a side note, what the hell is up with the double speak?
    'luggage bag'? 'monetary currency'?
    thats like saying 'trout fish' or 'carrot vegetable'.

seeks/police cop

7. random

random New Jack

dont go to an airport, they'll give you a shitty exchange rate. just go to a bank

8. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

how much is that worth? i see all these numbers but am to lazy to really read

9. imported_YEAHMANWORD

imported_YEAHMANWORD Member

hahahaha lovin it.

10. Sarah Tonin

yeh CI travel at the airport told me they'll give me $16. :mad:

11. villain

villain Veteran Member

I would go to the bank and buy more Real and then go live in brazil like a king.... :p

12. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

well deto used to work for a bank and we did do exchanges with some currency, and if we couldn't on the spot we would send it out to another bank that did and you would get it in about 2 weeks. it cost about $6.00 plus tax, if i remember correctly....