1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

legally, shoplifting...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fizm, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

legally, shoplifting...

Discussion started by fizm - Jun 7, 2002

i know i'm not supposed to bring it up, but let's say...hypothetically somebody got caught with $5 of merchandise.

what would the typical penalty be?

thought you guys might know.

fizm - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Remi Martin

Remi Martin New Jack

Remi Martin - Replied Jun 7, 2002

its up to the discretion of the store manager, but you could catch a case for it, get arrested, have it on your record...all that shit.

Remi Martin - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. JoeHatesCops

JoeHatesCops Guest

JoeHatesCops - Replied Jun 7, 2002

i know dudes that have a cuaght a 700$ fine on ike a $2 pen, stealings stealing. I actually know like 3 people, whove been caught on smalla ass stuff and got in mad law trouble.

4. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Jun 7, 2002

Just run awau and don't look back.....

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Jun 7, 2002

when i was 14 me and 2 friends got caught at wal-mart with $150.00 in spraypaint and $75.00 in markers, we got off with 20 hours in community service, good thing i was still a minor. :eek:

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

fizm - Replied Jun 7, 2002

this is in wal-mart too. but unfortunately not a minor as of a month and a half beforehand.

civil suit's already settled out of court, by protocol, i guess. so is it basically whatever the judge wants to do as far as prosecution?

still, i've got $700 to waste, i guess. i'm just hoping it's a fine and not community service or jail. i've gotta go to college not long after the court date.

7. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

p.s. the midwest makes kids do funny things out of boredom.

8. platapie

platapie Guest

platapie - Replied Jun 7, 2002

wal mart is goign to reem you buddy.

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jun 7, 2002

yeah man, walmarts no joke. and even worse than whatever penalty you get now, which will probably be some amount of comm. service, is what this is going to do to your record. shoplifting a 5 dollar cat toy is far worse than being busted for manslaughter in a DUI. most corporations wont even consider you for employment because of a single shoplifting offense at the age of 18. sure, you might say you have no interest in corporate america, but at some point you might, and your gonna be kicking yourself in the ass then...

try to work out some deal, where if you stay out of trouble, it gets expunged from your record after a year or something. even if it means you gotta take probation now, trust me, its way worth the extra hassle. unless of course you just plan to move into the mountains and carve novelty totem poles out of maple sapplings, then fuck em.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

-MOE LESTER- - Replied Jun 7, 2002

my bro got busted at ross with 6.99 in stolen shit.....he got rammed with a 200$ fine...i was so pissed so one day im gnnna head down the ross and etch all their windows...make sure they put that 200$ to good use...stupid mother fuckers

my friend also got busted at copelands for stealing a pair of shoes...he got like 400$ fine or something

11. platapie

platapie Guest

platapie - Replied Jun 7, 2002

oh no you didnt!

12. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

that's cool. i'll be in college the next 4 years most likely. i don't think probation would be a problem since i won't be driving, or drinking for that matter, or anything else i consider illegal. i've quit writing before i really started. and as far as jobs, i'm not too concerned. i'd be fine homeless, really. i don't give a fuck about my future. i should have been dead a year ago.

13. GEAsusONEnep

GEAsusONEnep Guest

GEAsusONEnep - Replied Jun 7, 2002

If its 5$ worth of merchandise, don't sweat it. Its petty theft and pretty much a slap on the wrist even if they press charges.

14. yoda's bitch

yoda's bitch New Jack

yoda's bitch - Replied Jun 7, 2002

just don't get caught...
    and if for some chance you DO,
    just ask that hero how much he makes an hour,
    then ask him if its REALLY worth getting stabbed over

usually, they don't think so,
    and flee...

yoda's bitch - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  15. Esai

Esai 12oz Member

Esai - Replied Jun 8, 2002

I got rolled when I was 18 at my job for stealing.Its been 5 years and It still fucks with me as far as employment goes.I lost a few 17$ an hour jobs cuz of it.I got back the fat prick who busted me though.Destroyed his car and put him in a coma for 3 weeks,fucken rata.I dont condone violence but rats get the exception.I got 10 days community servic and a 200$ fine. iwas doing all kinds of shit when I worked there,stealing money from registers(only 100$ bills), credit card shit,gankin clothes,etc.Its all in the past and I paid my debt to society

Esai - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.