it's all art...

LadyKrink

“Risk is essential. There is no growth of inspiration in staying within what is safe and comfortable."

— Alex Nobel

Graffiti is a mural on the side of a building. Graffiti is a slogan or slur found in a bathroom stall. Graffiti is a scrawl of someone's name or nickname on the side of a building. Graffiti is a political or artistic logo stenciled on a post office box or traffic sign. Graffiti is a multi-colored cartoon incorporating its writer's name. Graffiti is in your face. Graffiti is illegal. Graffiti is dangerous.

Graffiti is art.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

SHUT IT

The word graffiti is a plural noun in Italian. In English graffiti is far more common than the singular form graffito and is mainly used as a singular noun in much the same way data is. When the reference is to a particular inscription (as in There was a bold graffiti on the wall), the form graffito would be etymologically correct but might strike some readers as pedantic outside an archaeological context. There is no substitute for the singular use of graffiti when the word is used as a mass noun to refer to inscriptions in general or to the related social phenomenon. The sentence Graffiti is a major problem for the Transit Authority Police cannot be reworded Graffito is... (since graffito can refer only to a particular inscription) or Graffiti are... (which suggests that the police problem involves only the physical marks and not the larger issue of vandalism). In such contexts, the use of graffiti as a singular is justified by both utility and widespread precedent.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

graffiti is vandalism. once a writer starts creating art they then become and artfag, and basically just a useless piece of human shit. fuck art, do graffiti

YOU my friend are a fucking idiot... most graff--good graff---such as pieces take effort and its def ART... theres a huge difference between "ARTFAG" and a good graff artist. and i know sum great writers who are NOT wut u may refer to as "ARTFAGs"

graff is an artform.

Originally posted by dialrocka4sho

YOU my friend are a fucking idiot... most graff--good graff---such as pieces take effort and its def ART... theres a huge difference between "ARTFAG" and a good graff artist. and i know sum great writers who are NOT wut u may refer to as "ARTFAGs"

graff is an artform.

do you feel all smart and stuff? go use a paintbrush andy worhol and fuck your artfag friends in the rectum with it

Archived