Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I just bought this Mack pinstriping brush

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Dawood, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

What? you want tight lines? I copped this mack pinstriping brush and some pints of one shot. Thats whats up for canvases and whatever you want to paint small with tight lines. I been painting for almost 20 years and That Mack brush is the TRUTH!

2. warelonian

warelonian New Jack

macks, xcalibers, kafkas, all that shit is tight. we sell all that loot and one shot at my place of employment. im thinking about getting into it.

3. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

I have a friend who swears by that One Shot stuff. Says the black is by far the best stuff he's used, ever. Now these brushes... the brand is called The Mack? And where does one find such instruments? I know I can't just walk into an art store for pin striping tools...

4. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

What no links , no photos, what are you tryin to pull here...

5. panakeii

panakeii New Jack

6. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

when I finish some of the panels I'm working on I will post flicks

Oh yeah, And One shot Is Definately whats up...If you use brushes and your'e looking for TIGHT lines and what not, One shot is the deal.

7. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

damn...my secret's out. i just found my last can of black one shot this a.m. i'm trying to decide if i should use it or not. also, ronan color and hascolac- in some ways, i like hascolac better- it's a fluid lacquer from holland. compared to one-shot, it's expensive, but it thins out more than one-shot, and it stays opaque. ronan color is nice too- it's about the same as one-shot in quality and price but they have a different pallette. hey, wood, i want to see what you are up to w/this- i've seen some writers come off really well with sign paint. good tip, though.

8. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is one of the first things I tried with my mack brush...I am trying to get into car customizing. I got some panels I will post soon, God willing

9. warelonian

warelonian New Jack

10. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

good first try! are the fades spray paint, or did you use a fan brush? i wonder what your postman will think.....

11. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

The fastest mailbox on earth!

12. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

Yeah, It was krylon sun yellow, popsicle orange and banner red with a hint of automotive burgandy spraypaint . I macked the red lines though. I'm working on some panels too...checkit.

[​IMG]

I know this is a bad picture, but I did'nt feel like taking another one. And plus the lighting is real bad inside my treehouse.

13. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

you should flame out the treehouse.....that would be money.

14. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

Yeah, huh.? I'll consult my manager about future treehouse projects

15. Defect Cards

Defect Cards Member

I have a few Mack brushes and use 1shot, I haven't been pinstriping in a while but I learned taking a course from one of the forefathers (Yosemite Sam Radoff) They aren't lying 1 shot is amazing, the colours stay fast, pigmentation is great, nice gloss finish, sticks to almost anything and stands up to weather like none-other. If you want to see some nice stuff find the book "pinstriping masters". I'll post some flicks of a few things i have flamed and the Jacket Yosemite did up for me.

I does take a long time to master, and there is a steep learning curve but if you have concentration and are willing to sweat it out for a few months it can be picked up. I'm planning on doing that this winter when I can't paint. Once you get the thinner ratios down (only add a tiny bit to get the right flow) then you are set.

http://www.1shot.com/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...598405?v=glance

There is supposed to be a second one of these out but I am not sure if it ever made it to print or not.

my teachers website
    http://www.yosemitesams.com/

The man has been painting since the early 50's.......