Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Greatest HC bands ever.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 43% burnt, Jan 24, 2004.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt Junior Member

This thread is a dedication to the greatest Hardcore bands in history. As a musician and enthusiast HC has forever affected my life, it is more than music, it is a political/social movement. There no other musical movements that pack the intesity, originality, and fuckin balls that HC has to offer. Enough said...List some bands, and why you feel they are one of the greatest HC bands ever.

my top 3:

1. BLACK FLAG- this band paved the road for all HC bands to follow. relentless perseverence againt all odds.

2. BAD BRAINS- The first real HC band on the east coast. they gave birth to the DC scene...and they wrote extremely original music combining punk and reggae influences

3. MINOR THREAT- Set the standard for HC. combining intensity, intelligence, and passion into a highly explosive formula, that not only influenced a ton of bands, became a catalyst to the HC movement.

2. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

3 Good bands, they paved the way for some of the greatest bands to ever set foot in hardcore like Gorilla Biscuits, Side By Side, Youth of Today, Sick Of It All so on and so forth.

my choices

Burn: One of the best "post hardcore" bands I think they kinda paved the way for that heavier hardcore bands that came in the early-mid 90's

Dag Nasty: One of my favorite bands ever. They have influenced so many bands in so many genres. The drummer from blink 182 has a Can I Say tat, and AFI has covered them. Just an awesome band.

Kid Dynamite: Just an awesome fucking band

3. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

4. 43% burnt

43% burnt Junior Member

true, those bands are definitely worthy.
    cant forget the Cro-mags, Negative Approach, or Youth of Today.

I think i'm gonna break out my dag nasty record...values here

5. ctRECK

ctRECK Junior Member

hmm never thought it out, but id have to say dillenger escape plan (43% burnt should agree, due to his user name), i think converge cuz they were one of the very few bands who could succesfully mix hardcore and grindy breakdowns without it sounding like adgeda. and bury your dead for (bruatlly) bringing together kids from all states to get together in a small room and get hurt, if youve seen them you know what i mean, i find most hardcore entirely to generic, so i seem to branch off (as you can see from my choices) into other parts and genre's of hardcore.

6. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Guest

Unit Pride
    Chain Of strength
    Unbroken
    Earth Crisis
    Strife
    Youth Of Today
    Chokehold
    Wide Awake
    Side By Side
    Outspoken

*all are no longer straight edge............

7. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

8. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

agnostic front

murphy's law

black flag

9. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

m.d.c

bad brains

the dead kennedys