Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Drexel University?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Wink ONE, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Wink ONE

Wink ONE Junior Member

Uhm...yeah, they sent me some letter in the mail from this interest survey that I filled out at school, saying I was interested in graphic design. They were saying some bullshit about having an undergraduate program (I'm 15) and that I should check them out or whatever...since I know some of you are into that field, or were at one point or another..I figured I'd ask you guys, I already checked them out and shit and found nothing, really..

So, any of you know anything about/been to Drexel? ..Philly people?

2. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

This thread is nutty I was sitting at 30th st station (basicly in drexel) looking at a drexel bill board as I was waiting for the board to refresh on my phone and when it does I look down and there is a drexel univ thread........ Weird

I could be wrong but I believe there graphics deal at drexel isn't too great although I could be wrong

3. Wink ONE

Wink ONE Junior Member

Heh...I should care more about the worth of this thing, but damn...I'd get to live in Philly and shit, that'd be dope..

I'm really wondering which is better at the moment..

4. enueone

enueone Member

i don't think drexel has a really good graphic design program

you'd be better off going to university of the arts and dealing with artfags...or even the art insititute and dealing with burnouts...

5. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Uh.. CCS in Detroit... all sorts of ugly, flat
    chested, psuedo-suicidal girlies.. and a wide
    selection of people to punch in the neck. This
    is what I'm told at least.

6. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

mm just a word on the whole college process

your name and what field you are interested in is given (or sold) to universities that specialize or have majors in your field, then they send you pamphlets. so i guarantee you that "drexel" is not the last university that youll be getting shit from.

7. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

Yea but the Art Institute costs like 10x more than communtiy college.

8. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

drexel is ok. i had some friends that went there. the strong point is their co-op program. basically you have a decent amount of paid job experience when you graduate.

stay away from art institute whatever you do. i went there it sucked.

uarts is good. i'm graduating from there this may. the GD program is really good there, but like people said you have to deal w/ art fags. which really isn't that bad since the girls usually have low self esteme and are easy to sleep w/....

9. fr0st

fr0st Member

burnouts?

hey man... i got to the art institute in philly and it sucks...alot of burnouts...like myself..the only thing to do their is smoke a lot of reefer and drink...im in the graphic design program and it aint bad...alot of wannabe writers are in the school though...but also some decent ones...the fuckin dorms are littered with tags and shit..no body really gives a rat ass about the dorms...so if ur goin their i suggest gettin your own crib...

peace

10. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Drexel is a really well known engineering and sciences university. I know nothing about the strength of their programs but if you are into computers and graphic design and what have you, it has a solid reputation you can work with. Plus I grew up in the area of Philly it is located in and it's a really cool area. It's worth looking into for sure but one of many...

11. enueone

enueone Member

yeah..uarts is the better school in philly...

i graduated from the art institute...the cirriculum sucked but some of the teachers were cool...at the time the whole education there was cheaper than 1 year of SVA..which is the school i wanted to go to..but i don't know..that was 6 years ago..

art institute did suck but i managed to get a job after school ...cuz i graduated during the dotcom boom...and managed to actually learn design through working..heh

12. Wink ONE

Wink ONE Junior Member

Frost...at my age, it's not going to happen with getting my own house to live in while I'm down there...but the University was another place I was looking into

I'd rather not deal with the artfags or emo kids...but they have to be lurking no matter where I choose to go

I dunno, I'll bump the pointless thread again once I know enough about all this shit, thanks for the advice/replies

13. miles apart

miles apart Member

I have a friend who went to Drexel.

They built giant cocks out of snow all over the tenis courts and such.

Teeeheeehawww.

14. FuckWhitey

FuckWhitey Banned

Re: burnouts?

damn that sounds like a dream college!!