Drexel University?

Wink ONE

Uhm...yeah, they sent me some letter in the mail from this interest survey that I filled out at school, saying I was interested in graphic design. They were saying some bullshit about having an undergraduate program (I'm 15) and that I should check them out or whatever...since I know some of you are into that field, or were at one point or another..I figured I'd ask you guys, I already checked them out and shit and found nothing, really..

So, any of you know anything about/been to Drexel? ..Philly people?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This thread is nutty I was sitting at 30th st station (basicly in drexel) looking at a drexel bill board as I was waiting for the board to refresh on my phone and when it does I look down and there is a drexel univ thread........ Weird

I could be wrong but I believe there graphics deal at drexel isn't too great although I could be wrong

Guest ctrl+alt+del

mm just a word on the whole college process

your name and what field you are interested in is given (or sold) to universities that specialize or have majors in your field, then they send you pamphlets. so i guarantee you that "drexel" is not the last university that youll be getting shit from.

Guest HESHIANDET

drexel is ok. i had some friends that went there. the strong point is their co-op program. basically you have a decent amount of paid job experience when you graduate.

stay away from art institute whatever you do. i went there it sucked.

uarts is good. i'm graduating from there this may. the GD program is really good there, but like people said you have to deal w/ art fags. which really isn't that bad since the girls usually have low self esteme and are easy to sleep w/....

burnouts?

hey man... i got to the art institute in philly and it sucks...alot of burnouts...like myself..the only thing to do their is smoke a lot of reefer and drink...im in the graphic design program and it aint bad...alot of wannabe writers are in the school though...but also some decent ones...the fuckin dorms are littered with tags and shit..no body really gives a rat ass about the dorms...so if ur goin their i suggest gettin your own crib...

peace

Guest KING BLING

Drexel is a really well known engineering and sciences university. I know nothing about the strength of their programs but if you are into computers and graphic design and what have you, it has a solid reputation you can work with. Plus I grew up in the area of Philly it is located in and it's a really cool area. It's worth looking into for sure but one of many...

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

stay away from art institute whatever you do. i went there it sucked.

uarts is good. i'm graduating from there this may. the GD program is really good there, but like people said you have to deal w/ art fags. which really isn't that bad since the girls usually have low self esteme and are easy to sleep w/....

yeah..uarts is the better school in philly...

i graduated from the art institute...the cirriculum sucked but some of the teachers were cool...at the time the whole education there was cheaper than 1 year of SVA..which is the school i wanted to go to..but i don't know..that was 6 years ago..

art institute did suck but i managed to get a job after school ...cuz i graduated during the dotcom boom...and managed to actually learn design through working..heh

Frost...at my age, it's not going to happen with getting my own house to live in while I'm down there...but the University was another place I was looking into

I'd rather not deal with the artfags or emo kids...but they have to be lurking no matter where I choose to go

I dunno, I'll bump the pointless thread again once I know enough about all this shit, thanks for the advice/replies