Computer Heads, Help Needed

26SidedCube

Alright, I'm trying to extract .rar files again of a program I *bought but backed up* and I don't really know how to go about re-installing the program from the way it's currently broken down. Maybe you kind folks can help (again)...

Alright, first off it's divided into two large 1.5 gig .rar files. If I figure out how to work one I can obviously do the other. So, we have the main .rar:

vienna1.jpg

The main .rar's contents:

vienna2.jpg

And then the contents of one of the compressed files ( .r00, .r01, etc) inside of of the main .rar:

vienna3.jpg

I assume I need to extract all of the compressed files inside of the primary file (all those bundles in the second image) so they're nothing but a bunch of .iso files and then burn them to a disc as a data or image disc? Am I on the right course?

Someone help me out here... please? This is a rather expensive program and I'd like to be able to use it. I'll trade whoever does it a frozen 2 litre of Mt. Dew and 3 Burger King Breakfast coupons that are good on the second tuesday of every month in 2002.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok, 26sided....ole' caseknzty will help ya out.

.rar is the 'main' file. the .r01, etc are it's 'babie's' for .rar to be able to extract itself into a family living situation, it needs its babies....you see, sometimes child protective services takes the babies away (i.e. kazaa, shareaza, etc doesn't provide them), and that's when things get nasty...

so, what you want to do is this: unzip your main rar file into it's condo (folder) now it may ask for ro1, ro2, etc...just point it in the direction of the folder that those are in...although it would be a good idea to have them all in the same folder, like i said rar is the mama....should be ok after that....just brun using nero (best for burning iso's seeing as how it picks up on them with a good 'open with' option)

hope that helps...excuse the rambling, on dxm for the flu and i've taken too many

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666+Oct 23 2004, 08:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kr430n5_666 - Oct 23 2004, 08:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-casekonly@Oct 23 2004, 07:41 AM

makros, i am going to poop on your doorstep one day.

:(

[/b]

hahahahahhhahaha. score one for makros.

--

*Holy fuck, I've gone retarded. This isn't even the right thread

Alright Casek, explain this to me like I'm 12 without the clever analogies.

corrupt.jpg

I've extracted the main .rar, but when I try to extract the .r00 files I get a message saying that 'the file is corrupt' (which I'm hoping doesn't mean I can't use it) and the other saying 'You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack blahblahblah.iso'.

Am I missing something here?

ok, 26sided:

the main .rar file is the 'root' and the other files are part of it. let's use an analogy and say since the .rar is the root, the r00, ro1, etc are the branches... so, to make up a whole file (file tree), you need all the parts....you seem to have all of the parts. what you do is just start an extraction of the .rar and that will use the little r00 r01 etc. no need for you to extract those seeing as how they're actually parts of the main .rar file..what i'm saying is that they are all parts of one file individually zipped.

see what i'm saying? collectively they should be quite large....an iso you said? well, i assume you have some cd bruning program like nero or that cdeasy program...i prefer nero. it's personal choice, but they all should burn iso's. nero just makes it really easy.

anyhow, once you have extracted your rar file(s) you should find the folder where your file is and right click on that iso and open with nero or whatever.

it will ask for a disk and there you go....drop a blank disk in your burner and you are o your way to doom3 or whatever you're trying to get.

makros: i have changed my mind, i have decided that you should be puked on.

Well, I finally got it to extract and the .iso and all that is set. Now the only problem is the fact that the file is around 3 gig so it can't be burned to a normal CD. Do I have to buy dvd roms to remedy this or am I fucked? Isn't there a way to get my computer to recognize it without having to burn it?

This shit sucks.. I *need* this program.

i once got an iso that was just over the maximum size of a CD, it was like 740 MB or something. i got the program MagicISO (i think that was the one i used) and extracted the ISO and for some reason the combined size of all the files that i extracted was less than 700 MB, so i just made a new iso out of the files, and burned the iso and everything worked fine. the point of my story is... get a program that can extract iso files and see where that takes you. you might even be able to install the program from your hard drive once you extract the files.

the virtual cd drive thing will work too..what you had was an overburned cd...those things are dope and some cd proggies like nero will do overburns....

i think it was the sega dreamcast games that were overburned slightly...

anyhow, herbivore is correct, you can extract the iso and do the install that way

Archived