Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Big Brother Bullshit

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by cracked ass, Jul 5, 2001.

1. cracked ass

cracked ass Guest

Has anyone seen World News Tonight this week? They're doing a focus on privacy problems. Tampa, Baltimore, and some other cities have in place random surveillance cameras with new technology that allows them to track on people's heads and run face matches, as well as record the license plates of people leaving the state on major highways. They are also fronting that the idea is to find missing children and send "surveys" to out-of-state travelers or some shit.
    This behavior by the state is absolutely unacceptable in a free society. We aren't the type to write our useless congressmen, so I suggest people get out there and fuck those cameras up - smash em, coat the lens with flat black, whatever. This shit cannot be allowed.

2. Peyem504

Peyem504 Member

there really isnt much i can say and really know what i am talking about when it comes to this subject because i really havent had time to really think about shit like this...but what i can say for sure is that it sounds like bullshit to me. fuck shit up...if they claim the cameras are being used for out of state surveys for travelers and to find missing children...then they should be damn sure they use the cameras for just that, if they are going to be used for other reasons, we should be informed...fuck big brother

word

3. SIELOETTE

SIELOETTE Senior Member

This has been going on for awhile now though..Most major cities have up to thousands of hidden cameras..Mosty in high drug traffic areas..For instance..graff has almost come to a halt in a near by city because of these hidden bullshits..

They showed on the news one night some of the locations etc..and where they police watch them from..They have screens in the downtown station where they can zoom in on a jay walker say "oops, he didnt wait to cross" and see what brand his shoes are..its scarry..

4. senior cracked... they used this technology to apprehend fugitives at the last superbowl. the computer would freeze frame the faces while it ran a program that matched it the photos to those of wanted criminals. they did this for everyone who entered the game. i don't know how many people they caught though.

5. Retired Hasbeen

Retired Hasbeen Member

This technology is called biometrics.It is going to be everywhere shortly.It was used at the last superbowl, yet they did not apprehend anyone, nor did they inform people it was in use.The "traffic cameras" on all major highways in the US incorporate this technology.Soon you will be able to be monitored everywhere you go, and all movements traced.It is a really scary scenario.We are not a free society, contrary to popular belief.One day, when shit is really fucked up, those cameras will be used to detect the outcasts who don't buy the company line..and prison is where they go next.It is part of a larger plan...big bronther is alive, well, and flourishing.
    Destroy cameras, write fuck big brother under them with a big arrow pointing to them.Invasion of privacy is all part of the plan.Tracking devices on every car, how soon til we get the chip into our skin??????

I KILL BIG BROTHER
    ECHELON EAT A DICK

CONSPIRATOR POR VIDA.

[This message has been edited by Retired Hasbeen (edited 07-05-2001).]

6. !

! Guest

i cant belive that anyone can gat away with this shit...fuck [​IMG]

7. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

i've said it before, i'll say it again....democracy is the chance to be everyone's slave. this camera shit is disgusting. they pawn it off like its for crime...but its not. maybe in some cases....but.
    i saw a documentary on this shit by the cbc. they did a study on cameras in nyc....and they found that the # of cameras in high crime boroughs paled to that of the # in finance sectors like wall street......they front like its to catch criminals.....but its really to monitor the flow of people, their habits, spending etc....
    its also about property.
    the thing thats really scary is the way its implemented with no discussion or adjudication on the matter...they just appear, and when it does get questioned, the uniform response is that its to prevent crime, its good for you, and this new one finding missing children.........................
    but the even sadder thing is that they are put up knowing full well that the average citizen may well know its fucked up and wrong, but they're too lazy to do anything about it. nice cycle of lameness.

8. brown twinkie

i originally thought this was going to be about bigbrother2, which ironically
    premieres tonight on cbs......fess up, who's gonna watch this shit?

9. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

cracked i'm glad you brought this up. anytime i see this kinda shit on the news i just change the channel. it just pisses me off so much, yet there is nothing i can do about it.

the reason that all these cameras are in place is not because the government wants to turn us into a communist country or any other conspiracy theory like that.its because of the news media. they have the whole country scared that there is a criminal in their backyards and that we have to make more laws and shit like that. the average citizen probably feels safer because of all the cameras. we have gone too far. if the government is telling us about this kinda stuff...it scares me to think about what they aren't telling us.

10. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

and folks wonder why I try to keep words about Tampa on the low key around here... that's a big part of why central florida is so clean, we're a fuckin police state

------------------
    2 Can Sam

11. Lush

Lush Member

http://www.wired.com/news/privacy

It's a collection of news articles about privacy, including stories about the nyc cameras, project echelon, and illegal infared scanning.

This has been bothering me for a while. It seems we have no privacy and it scares me quite a bit, because it isn't that far off from George Orwells 1984. If they can push us this far, why not install cameras in our houses? Hopefully there's nothing like that coming soon to where I live. I agree with Cracked, Go fuck that shit up.

[This message has been edited by Lush (edited 07-05-2001).]

12. Lush

Lush Member

13. theFUME

theFUME Senior Member

brown twinkie i jus watched a lil of that it was kinda gay

------------------
    "So analyze me surprise me but cant magmatize me"
    -nas

14. brown twinkie

i'm watching it now......its annoying.

15. YUshook

YUshook Junior Member

Time has come that someone has to take a rise make a stand for our freedom.. i say we assemble.. strenght in numbers today is july 5 ..one year from now july 4 we should strike a massive blow something ridiculous noone will be ready take steps to take back our freedom all who want in e-mail me Drdvs101@aol.com let the choas begin