Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

America be dumb with geo

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by the shitz, Nov 23, 2002.

1. the shitz

the shitz New Jack

Survey Results: U.S. Young Adults Are Lagging

Despite the daily bombardment of news from the Middle East, Central Asia, and other world trouble spots, roughly 85 percent of young Americans could not find Afghanistan, Iraq, or Israel on a map, according to a new study.

Americans ages 18 to 24 came in next to last among nine countries in the National Geographic-Roper 2002 Global Geographic Literacy Survey, which quizzed more than 3,000 young adults in Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Sweden, and the United States. Top scorers were young adults in Sweden, Germany, and Italy.

Out of 56 questions that were asked across all countries surveyed, on average young Americans answered 23 questions correctly. Others outside the U.S., most notably young adults in Mexico, also struggled with basic geography facts. Young people in Canada and Great Britain fared almost as poorly as those in the U.S.

Among young Americans’ startling knowledge gaps, the study found that

• nearly 30 percent of those surveyed could not find the Pacific Ocean, the world’s largest body of water;
    • more than half—56 percent—were unable to locate India, home to 17 percent of people on Earth; and
    • only 19 percent could name four countries that officially acknowledge having nuclear weapons.
    Several perhaps interrelated factors affected performance—educational experience (including taking a geography course), international travel and language skills, a varied diet of news sources, and Internet use. Americans who reported that they accessed the Internet within the last 30 days scored 65 percent higher than those who did not.

i heard only like 70% of americans could identify and point to 4 states in teh US and mexico and canada have a better idea on americas population

2. the shitz

the shitz New Jack

thiis for u people who dont watch tv

3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

duh wheres america. good to see us canucks and brits fared up just as well. arent us corrupt western countries dumbasses.

4. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

fawk you and fawk this thread!

ha

ha..yeah

i'm telling on you ! moooom

5. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

id kick your ass but id never be able to find your house.

6. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

americans are stupid

7. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK Senior Member

nuh-uh my mommy says im smart!!!

8. I have a hard time believing that... that's just TOO dumb.

9. illwill

illwill Guest

what was the percentage of americans who actually understood the question?

10. sneak

sneak Guest

so its now official? america is stoopid

11. Just Like Me

Just Like Me Guest

12. socrates

socrates Guest

We may be stupid be we are the owners of nuclear weapons and a quarter-billion firearms....so fuck ya