Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 8/26/2019 at 2:56 PM, Mercer said:

1738087979_ScreenShot2019-08-26at3_39_39PM.png.b343ee5c1360f8e70236f5d1be265c4d.png

Anyone ever heard the story how the IRL American Sniper fucked Jesse Ventura over pretty good lying about him, said he kicked his ass once.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jesse-ventura-wins-1-8m-in-american-sniper-defamation-case/

The main problem i have with this meme is that is not a real German film, haha. It’s from Inglorious Bastards.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

@abrasivesaintgood eye, guess the message is the same but there's an extra chuckle for anyone paying attention.

Ok, i thought about it after and didnt know if that was part of the joke and i had just missed it, haha.

edit: message is for sure the same. Anytime a military movie comes out i see it as propaganda. That said, the Peter Jackson documentary where he put to color and normalized the footage speed of the WWI footage was pretty fucking awesome... trying to remember the name i’m probably going to have to look it up. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

They Shall Not Grow Old..

The behind the scenes stuff was really cool. His personal  collection of World War stuff was pretty awesome. He used weaponry he owned and gear from the war to make some of the noises, definitely worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. Edit: for instance they placed microphones in a field and actually laid down some mortar fire in the field to get the proper noises. 

There was also some footage of some men about 30 minutes before they went over some hill. I believe 3/4 of the mean died if not more. So it’s the last time many of them were seen alive and it was on film. 

Edited by abrasivesaint