Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greyusher

Music can heal depression???

I read an article by Harvard Health that music can heal depression. I quote from health.harvard.edu:

"Music therapy can calm anxiety, ease pain, and provide a pleasant diversion during chemotherapy or a hospital stay."

"Over all, music therapy decreases pain perception, reduces the amount of pain medication needed, helps relieve depression in pain patients, and gives them a sense of better control over their pain. Improving quality of life for people with dementia."

If so, just for chatting sake and taking out the dementia part - indulge me (i'm brokenhearted), what song would be your therapy?

Mine would be ---

I agree that music is therapeutic and improves self expression. I personally like this music Without you by Oh Wonder, sadly I can't put the link.

You see I believe that it's true. Music can really lift you spirits up. My online psychologist recommends listening to music when I feel down. So far, my playlist includes: Daniel Caesar, Sam Smith, Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, Shawn Mendez, Camila Cabello, covers by Alex Aiono and William Singe, Bruno Mars, and many more.

Music can't exactly heal but there are some that can help to reduce stress and depressive symptoms.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now