Conservatives

CILONE/SK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm pretty sure this article or ones like it have been shown to be bunk multiple times.

though i tend to agree with the sentiment, it only discredits people that buy into it.

shai: do you consider yourself fiscally conservative? because what i know of you you are most certainly not socially conservative--thats what the "article" seems to focus on.

Fiscally conservative, yes. Not sure about everything else (if you dealt with the people I have to deal with everyday you'd understand). Mostly I just want to exercise my right to be left the fuck alone, and short of moving to the woods (an option I'm considering) that just isn't possible around here.

Being off the grid and having personal space are two different things.

What's funny is that as I get older I start to understand the conservative point of view better...as in "Do you, but if you really want to do me then I'll do you." But you can save all that other sensationalized bullshit, it doesn't apply to my world view.

I do think if illegal immigration is a problem we should address every issue at hand and not pretend that the "free market" isn't culpable.

I also don't have a problem with commerce per se, AKA capitalism. Without it society as we know it would grind to a halt, and then where would we be? (Hint- say goodbye to that iPhone, hippie.) But as it stands, commerce in its current form has been perverted beyond recognition to the point where it should be thrown out so we can work something out that's somewhat more equitable and compassionate...but in that scenario, who calls the shots?

So I don't know where I stand. Mostly I just want to be left alone if the world is going to be completely out of sync with what I think it ought to be, but I ain't the one.

Social conservatives were defined as people who agreed with a laundry list of statements such as "Family life suffers if mum is working full-time," and "Schools should teach children to obey authority."

that defines social conservatism? don't schools teach children to obey their teachers as authority figures anyway? they certainly wouldn't ever encourage the opposite. i feel sorry for any of you who buy into this article

Theyve ruined Amsterdam to my understanding.

Churchill said it best. ''Any young man who inst a liberla had no heart, any old man who isnt conservative has no brain.''

Fiscally I indetify more so with being conservative, but when it comes to social issues its hit or miss with that ideology.