NFL OFFSEASON/PRESEASON 2010

Str8_Nola

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lot of west coast niggas in here.

who do you guys see doing well this year that sucked (bottom 10ish) last year?

LT2 will do okay with the Jets, but not due to his own skill... I don't care how old he is, Tony Richardson will clear the way. Best blocking fullback in NFL history, it's a shame that position is so overlooked that he'll never be in the Hall of Fame.

I see the Rams drafting a QB even though a defensive player might make their team more competitive. A problem with the Rams is that St. Louis is a baseball town with hockey second and nobody cares about them unless they're winning enough. They should probably go back to LA but that's a different debate. A star QB sells tickets. If they really want to sell tickets, they'll take Clausen from ND becausd STL is an uber-Catholic town.

The Raiders will never be shit until Al Davis is dead. He's the Fidel Castro of football.

I think the Redskins have made a mistake talking shit on Campbell pretty much publicly. I think he just hasn't given a shit the past 2 yrs bc of it.

The Chargers management is shitty too I think. Should have kept Marty probably, and Michael Turner. I think dude makes a lot of personnel decisions based on his own relationship with them... you can't get rid of people just because you don't like them, and you can't keep people you don't need just because you do.

I am glad to see the Niners doing some good old fashioned rebuilding. Everyone talks about their offense but I'd like to see 1 or 2 pieces come together on D. Take the attention off Willis so he can make even more plays.

The Ravens are kinda my 2nd team (1. Ray Lewis may have killed a guy... he's older now but still, offenses hadn't been psychologically terrified of a player since Dick Butkus; 2. Never thought I'd see an NFL team named after Poe; 3. Good to have football back there after the Colts bounced.) I think their offense is improving greatly and that's a smart way to keep a good team up, switch focus to the other side of the ball but I hope the

• 2 weeks later...
mcdaniels is the best thing to happen to the chargers ina long time

culter has a rocket arm? get him outta hea!

marshall runs a 4.4 and gets 100 catches every season? get him outta hea!

wtf is he doing tho for real? hahaha

Marshall was on the last year of his contract. Broncos tendered him for 2.1 millions for this year. He was quite obviously going to walk after this year if they kept him around. Same situation for Santonio Holmes in Pitt. So instead of getting a Pro Bowl player for one year, and nothing else out of the deal. Since Denver is quite obviously not a Superbowl contender, you trade him for two second round picks. I know we wont get another Brandon Marshall out of it, but well get two top 40 NFL prospects for five years or so each. Makes much more sense for the long run. Remember they are still running a busines..

As for the Cutler thing....Yes he had a rocket arm, but he was never a winner. Losing record every year in college and has never won a playoff game in the NFL. He is a terrible decision maker and thinks his arm can make any throw. He forces the ball wayyy too much, and doesn't have spectacular pocket pressure either. Look at his interception numbers the last couple of years. Denver got two first rounders and Kyle Orton for him. One of those picks being Knoshown Moreno.

I suppose both moves are a bit suspect because they are traded away proven "talent" for unproven talent, but from a business stand point it makes sense. With a salary cap, you can't buy a championship, you have to build it, and you can't do so around players who don't even want to be there.

and yer thoughts on shanahan?

Hell of a coach, I think there is a whole lot more to that situation. He had complete control over the team. I'm guessing the Owner, Pat Bowlen went to him and said he was going to take some of those powers away, I'm sure Shanny wasn't cool with that and so on his way he went. Still think Mike Shannahan is one of the top ten greatest coaches of all time. But Denver needed to go in a new direction, they hadn't even sniffed a Superbowl since the Elway days.

I personally think McDaniels in a good coach, however I question his managerial decisions. Denvers problem since forever has been defense. There is a reason that the Steelers and Ravens have won like half of the last ten Superbowls. Defense wins championships. When Denver started 6-0 this last year, it was because their defense was one of the best in the league. That stops and they finish 2-8.

I really hope they get the inside linebacker from Bama with their first round pick, and someone like Golden Tate early in the second.

Again just my .02

ravens got 1 ring in 2000.

obviously im a chargers fan and this is cool because i dont get to converse with many broncos fans

as of the last few seasons you guys have been our biggest division rival

raiders will always be that grudge match but they havent been a competitive team for a long while

what i see is,

cutler was improving every season you guys had him. he was pretty good. yes bad decisions, but he was still only what 3 years in the league when you guys traded him....for orton. ORTON.He goes to the bears who have no receiving corp other than their TE. running game was stagnant. no D. he was trying to make plays. i think he lead the league in INTs which is inexcusable but he didnt have shit to work with. when you guys had him he was tearing it up. had people to throw the ball to. coulda built a franchise AROUND him. gotta solid qb in the nfl and your team will do well. (i drafted him in my fantasy keeper league last year. ouch)

marshall is a beast of a reciever. i dont think anyone would argue.

gotta do everything in your power to keep playmakers like these guys on your team if your a GM.

not trade em away in consecutive years setting your team back a decade.

mcdaniels is a douche IMO......'we own the chargers' after his first game playing them (did win), in his first season as a head coach. no class.

think thats why these guys are butting heads with him.

think hes the reason they want out.

could be wrong, maybe hell turn the ship around. but i see him gettin the boot.

i completely agree about shanahan. HOF for sure. dude invented icing the kicker for gods sake.

im glad he went to the other team i like. the skins. like the moves hes making.

i bleed blue and gold but for some reason i root for the skins when they play. must be the yellow face masks haha.

ravens got 1 ring in 2000.

obviously im a chargers fan and this is cool because i dont get to converse with many broncos fans

as of the last few seasons you guys have been our biggest division rival

raiders will always be that grudge match but they havent been a competitive team for a long while

what i see is,

cutler was improving every season you guys had him. he was pretty good. yes bad decisions, but he was still only what 3 years in the league when you guys traded him....for orton. ORTON.He goes to the bears who have no receiving corp other than their TE. running game was stagnant. no D. he was trying to make plays. i think he lead the league in INTs which is inexcusable but he didnt have shit to work with. when you guys had him he was tearing it up. had people to throw the ball to. coulda built a franchise AROUND him. gotta solid qb in the nfl and your team will do well. (i drafted him in my fantasy keeper league last year. ouch)

marshall is a beast of a reciever. i dont think anyone would argue.

gotta do everything in your power to keep playmakers like these guys on your team if your a GM.

not trade em away in consecutive years setting your team back a decade.

mcdaniels is a douche IMO......'we own the chargers' after his first game playing them (did win), in his first season as a head coach. no class.

think thats why these guys are butting heads with him.

think hes the reason they want out.

could be wrong, maybe hell turn the ship around. but i see him gettin the boot.

i completely agree about shanahan. HOF for sure. dude invented icing the kicker for gods sake.

im glad he went to the other team i like. the skins. like the moves hes making.

i bleed blue and gold but for some reason i root for the skins when they play. must be the yellow face masks haha.

First off, they didn't get Orton to build the team around. He was a stop gap for a year or two. They now have Quinn, and with McDaniels did with Cassel there is hope. I don't think you build your team around a reciever in any case, and certainly don't think spending 11 million a year on Marshall is a good business move. Cutler was in love with Shannahan. When he left, Jay made it quite obvious he did not want to play in Denver. Why keep two guys around that are publically stating they do not want to play for your team. Get their asses out and get some guys who want to play and win. We got a LOT for both of those guys, and that is the reason that I am ok with them going. Contrary to what you said, this team is not set back by a decade. They are getting the pieces now, and I still think with the upcoming draft, are still the second best team in their division, during a rebuilding time. As for McDaniels saying he owns the Chargers, I'm not so sure it's him, as much as Denver always wins early in the year, only to get killed by the Chargers in December. Just the way things work.

I will root for Shannahan in Washington, but man that's the place coaches go to die lately, hope he can turn it around. Obviously I am a Denver homer, but nice talking football with another AFC West fan.