My gift to the oontz

YouMad.GIF

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

its pretty good. i really respect the fact that you committed actual studio time for this although i would really like to listern to the instrumentals. im' interested what program/s and hardware you used for this and what samples you used, i noticed the "revolution will no be televised" on L.I.V.E. my favortie song is fake niggaz, and theres to much reverb on waitin hatin in my opinon

mind you ive only listerned the album once.

Good call on the samples

you know your Gil Scott

as for the programming most of it was done in a program called Soundtrack, which is like a Mac version of Acid that cones bundled in final cut pro video editing software. Peak was used to chop the samples - basically it was the Mac version of Acid&SoundForge, except Peak is far more powerful than Soundforge. The mastering was done between the 2 programs - levels done in SoundTrack, and audio processing/RMS normalization in Peak.

For anyone doing production on a Mac I suggest you get Peak immediately, it's an extremely powerful and versatile program - by using it to chop/prep samples instead of, say, doing it in fruity loops or acid or some other arrangement program (which are almost always weaker in that department) it gives a cleaner sound. You can also set the exported audio files as loops which is VERY useful for this sort of production style.

If anyone else has any production questions I'm more than happy to help.