My gift to the oontz

YouMad.GIF

I had my EP release party on 9/9/09

I'm executive producer / DJ for a group called Contrabandits, we released The Rogue State EP

if you like nerd rap you prolly won't feel it

if you like emo rap you'll probably be scared

if you are a TPWF you might get offended

if you're AB you'll prolly hate because We can't afford Drake or Gucci, only Kingpin Skinny Pimp

but if you like True School street hop you'll prolly be feelin it

34xn7th.jpg

http://Http://www.zshare.net/download/653289319c8378b1/

feel free to diss/complement

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bonus trivia

...And+You+Will+Know+Us+by+the+Trail+of+Dead+-+The+Secret+of+Elena's+Tomb+%5B2003%5D.jpg

the drummer from this moderately famous band recorded some of the vocals and co produced 2 songs and played live drums

also half the vocals were recorded at the studio where Johnny cash recorded his final album with Rick Rubin

and it has skinny pimp on the album, supposedly hustle and flow is based on him

I had my EP release party on 9/9/09

I'm executive producer / DJ for a group called Contrabandits, we released The Rogue State EP

if you like nerd rap you prolly won't feel it

if you like emo rap you'll probably be scared

if you are a TPWF you might get offended

if you're AB you'll prolly hate because We can't afford Drake or Gucci, only Kingpin Skinny Pimp

but if you like True School street hop you'll prolly be feelin it

34xn7th.jpg

http://Http://www.zshare.net/download/653289319c8378b1/

feel free to diss/complement

King of Da Playaz Ball WHAT?

Im downloading right now, Skinny better go off Tre, or Im gonna be mad at you.

When someone says anything is "Street" about the hip hop their selling, I instantly assume it's going to be some FUBU bred mumble mouth bullshit.

This isn't that at all. My favorite song is probably L.I.V.E.

I've only listened to it through once, so the only criticism I have is on levels. I don't know if it's just the quality of the file I downloaded, but the levels on "Winnin" sound a little low and flat.

Overall it wasn't what I expected from your post, and I like it. Good luck with the CD.

Thanks for everyone checking it out and the criticism/complements

I didn't really put this project together to get money, I've been around the music industry long enough to know that's a crap shoot. Really we just wanted to put out some good music that was diverse, had a message, but also had an edge to it. All the recording was done for free by people who believed in the project, and the only expense we had really was skinny pimps verse, which my old manager footed the bill for. Everything else was pretty DIY grassroots.

I know some of the tracks aren't completely up to mainstream retail par and have a low fi feel, but that's why it's a first release EP and not an actual album. This is really for promotion more than anything, and to just get the music out there.

I mean it sounds good for me mastering it myself with no board and some WeSc headphones

As current 12oz Rap™ Czar, it is my duty to evaluate this offering.

There's some good beat ideas in there (L.I.V.E. has a pretty awesome groove to it during verses, but the chorus beat is janky), others err on the side of forgettableness. Also wasn't feeling nearly any of the lyricism, which is a shame cause lyrics tend to outshine beats on this mix. Overall decent effort but lacks real surprises.

My general expert advice to rappers and producers is to make less of whatever it is they're doing now, and make more shit like this.