Does the type of music you listen to,influence your style in in writing?

ET one

i feel like the kind of music i listen to effects my approach to graf, and to some extent my style. i listen to all different music, but probly punk the most. i actually don't like hip hop much at all, so there's no fuckin way you're gonna see me painting some played out b-boy character with shelltoes on. i'm very anti 4 elements. so it's in an indirect way but my music choices effect my graf.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest quit swellin
Originally posted by ceptone

that doesnt make me what to paint that makes me what to laugh.////..............:crazy:

thats cause your a dumb underground herb...

i bet anticon holds the throne right? hahahah

Guest blood as ink
ps. black metal OWNS death metal

hell yes it does...death metal fuckin' blows...i mean there's a few good one like cattle decapitation and exhumed...but even then i have to laugh...htey ssound like they're gurgling vomit milkshakes with chicken bones in it.

black metal is good...minus all the nazi ones.but bands like dark throne,bathory,ludicra,old mayhem before the bad reunion shit...i mean that's like nirvana getting back together.but black metal has it's cheesy moments too...all that make up and talking about waundering the forests with there brothers the wolves and shit...haha funny.

as far as musical influence goes...i'd say it does mix it into my style here and there...but i listen to alot of different stuff so maybe it's hard to tell?

Guest Sico~tic

ludacris makes me wanna puke

death metal is bad ass

saying the way you draw is affected by the music you listen to is like saying that video games really fuck up kids.

it bullshit your style is your style nothin else to it .

maybe your friends are around each other too much and they look at each others drawings too much. whatever just worry about your art and no some stupid theory on if the music has anything to do with it.

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by Sico~tic

ludacris makes me wanna puke

death metal is bad ass

you confused ludicra and ludacris, you obviously need a beating. and by the intelligence displayed in the rest of your post i'm guessing that you recognize slipknot as death metal

Guest INDEPENDENZA

If we take as a hypothesis the fact that the people who listen to music A paint differently than those who listen to music B, i would explain it that way:

group A have the kind of personality that makes them listen to music A and paint in a different way than B

therefore,

Personality-->music+painting style

or even

personality-->painting style-->music

instead of

personality-->music--> painting style

Guest Harry Potter

some music makes me want to actually get up and go out bombing but as for actual outcome of letters and such, it has no affect on me.....

"the face of any member from gorgoroth or satyricon, i'd be fuckin respectin.

i'm not gonna argue which genre is better, its a matter of taste, but black metal is more talented"

I been listening to metal for 14 years. Black Metal is a trend. It became popular again in the early 90s and everyone jumped on that bandwagon. Bands like Venom, Bathory, Hellhammer. That is true blackmetal. They were the first to play "blackmetal" and there music is far more superoir to trendy bands like Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Emperor, etc.As far as giving black metal bands respect or being affraid of them please..Most are for shock value. Most of the Norway black metal bands are horrible sounding, and are just living off of a reputation of what 2 people did 10 years ago. Now Death Metal is getting popular again with Morbid Angel touring with Pantera, and other bands like Nile,Krisiun getting big. Bet you will see alot of the trendy Black Metal bands scrubbing off there make up, and wearing jeans and metal shirts swearing they were death metal from the beginning. But hey..Its cool that we are on a graff board and are arguing about true metal.I didnt even think that anyone that wrote listened to metal besides myself.

Guest serpent of the light

eh, i disagree that the said bands are trend black metal. i think cradle of filth could be argued as trendy.

though black metal corpse paint is primarily shock factor, its awesome. i mean i just got a "triple dose of venom" disc for xmas, and the pictures of them are hilarious. not the makeup, but the gauntlets and everything leather they wear. its just taking that a step further. slayer wears the same leather get up today. and they're not black metal. i appreciate it.

i'm certainly down with original black metal bands. venom is one of my favorites, but i think the new realm of black metal is sweet too. unfortunately i see death becoming trendy as well. when you walk into stores like fye and they've got six feet under next to slipknot, its a first step to good death metal being heard and exploited by/to the masses. sad, but it happens. i saw morbid angel on mtv news a while back, that made me sick.

all that matters and the true kids will still be doing windmills to 'skull full of maggots' in 5 years.

until valhalla.....

Does the type..

music influences my writing like anything else.example:a flower, Quasar comic book, any piece of knowledge.you see it influences the mind, all the things ive mentioned, anything can..so its not just writing , its LIFE.The brain....etc.

your life.

so music influences my writing, as much as anything can.

BUT it (anything) can change your purpose for writing.the intent.Most cats are out for fame.Getting up is Essential, to me at least as well as piecing. But what are you trying to convey?ART. Yourself. INFO>Knowledge.It may sound funny to some kiddies on the board, but any man, woman of knowledge and principle knows the science im speaking of. Peace to the Leaders in Life, it Runs Through "OUR" veins.

its unexplainable. PROPS TO YOU IF YOU BENEFITIED FROM THIS

AOL KEYWORD:NEW WORLD ORDER

my life my life my life in the sunshine-Roy Ayers

• 4 weeks later...

Archived