high ankle sprains

yinz n'at

so i rolled my ankle on my way t work 3 weeks ago and am still having trouble walking and was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain. has anyone on here ever had one? i have to wear an air cast for 2 weeks and then go to 4-6 weeks of physical therapy. at least i got some vikes out of the deal.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah we talk like complete morons with a odd language.... tell your boy not to call soda soda, call it pop then he will fit in great. also tell him to go to primanti brothers to get a sandwich, they have coleslaw and fries on them and taste best when washed down with an ice cold iron city beer.

i thought fools were just being soft when i heard of athletes being out for so long with high ankle sprains, but on the real this shit is no joke

i've done this to myself. it was the first really nice day of spring in 98', and it was a shitty winter in new england. my girlfriend, at the time, had this tree in front of her apartment. the roots of the tree raised the sidewalk perfectly. it was the first time i stepped on my board in a few months, so i started off slow. popped a few ollies, a couple of melons, then i decided i wanted to do a heel flip. so the third time i tried, my front foot clipped the front of my nose, and rolled under the nose of the board, rolling my ankle with it. i remember feeling my ankle pop, and bouncing off of it. i ended up going to the hospital that night, getting x-rays, and wearing an air-cast for the next month. at that point, the doctor told me i could skate again, but i should wear the air cast when i do.

it fucking sucked man, i feel your pain. good luck with that.

i've done this to myself. it was the first really nice day of spring in 98', and it was a shitty winter in new england. my girlfriend, at the time, had this tree in front of her apartment. the roots of the tree raised the sidewalk perfectly. it was the first time i stepped on my board in a few months, so i started off slow. popped a few ollies, a couple of melons, then i decided i wanted to do a heel flip. so the third time i tried, my front foot clipped the front of my nose, and rolled under the nose of the board, rolling my ankle with it. i remember feeling my ankle pop, and bouncing off of it. i ended up going to the hospital that night, getting x-rays, and wearing an air-cast for the next month. at that point, the doctor told me i could skate again, but i should wear the air cast when i do.

it fucking sucked man, i feel your pain. good luck with that.

I had similar happen too me in 96 or so.

the snow finally just melted enough to skate and so I was rusty from not skating and went to 5050 on this hubba jawn and ended up doing a 50 instead and landed like a manuel with my back foot turned (like when you do a nollie) and so I landed sitting on my foot and broke my ankle.

I blame it on being rusty from the fucked up weather.

That's funny. I rolled my ankle doing a FS 180 to switch 5-0 down a 7 stair ledge but somehow it turned into a switch hurricane. I went straight down and landed with all my weight funny on my right fooot and I heard the POP. Sounded like someone opening a bottle of champagne...I saw stars and thought I was going to shit my pants.

It healed enough that I could roll around a week later, so I went to a skatepark and tried to just ride the transitions. I guess it wasn't having it, because it folded when i was at the lip, so my first reaction was to land on the non-fucked up side. I did THAT wrong too...not as bad as the first one, but bad enough to where I had to buttboard back to the car, lie in the back seat and smoke all my weed to try to keep from crying.

I don't miss sprained ankles one bit.

Now that I said, that, I'll probably get one in the next 48 hours.

I blame it on being rusty from the fucked up weather.

that was my excuse. the best thing was everyone had their windows open, and my girlfriend's roommate was on the porch playing the guitar. it had all the makings of a norman rockwell painting. until i started screaming every combination of the word "fuck."