OFFICIAL NBA 2007-2008 THREAD

Theo Huxtable.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because he's been the best player in the league for years now. He should get his due. By the time he's actually "old" and almost retired, he won't be in the position to get an MVP award because his overall game and stats will be diminished. That would be robbery.

Chris Paul is new in the league and has plenty of time to get the MVP award.

kobe for mvp! ive been saying it for years.

look at the past 20 yrs

Maurice Podoloff Trophy

2006-07 - Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas

2005-06 - Steve Nash, Phoenix

2004-05 - Steve Nash, Phoenix

2003-04 - Kevin Garnett, Minnesota

2002-03 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2001-02 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2000-01 - Allen Iverson, Philadelphia

1999-00 - Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles Lakers

1998-99 - Karl Malone, Utah

1997-98 - Michael Jordan, Chicago

1996-97 - Karl Malone, Utah

1995-96 - Michael Jordan, Chicago

1994-95 - David Robinson, San Antonio

1993-94 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston

1992-93 - Charles Barkley, Phoenix

1991-92 - Michael Jordan, Chicago

1990-91 - Michael Jordan, Chicago

1989-90 - Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers

1988-89 - Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers

1987-88 - Michael Jordan, Chicago

kobe belongs on this list.

CP3 for MVP

dude is the best pg in the league. that last second assist to West tonight to beat the Cavs was just clutch as fuck.

dude had 20 assists which he seems to put up every night lately.

and yeah, i agree Kobe deserves his MVP award, 'cause it kinda is a wild fact that he doesn't own one yet. but to say he's been doing a better job than Chris Paul this year of putting his team in a position to challenge for a championship isn't close. if you take cp3 off the Hornets, the wheels fall off.

i used to like when NBC did NBA games. they stopped in like 2002.

remember that old intro-music?

remember bob costas, marv albert, hannah storm, bill walton, and ahmad rashad?

word.

and i have a friend Hannah, that i always call Hannah Storm.

Denver is kicking Phoenix's ass right now...:lol:

That fight for the 8th and final spot is going to go down to the wire...I'm pulling for The Warriors to get it....Cause I'd love to see them knock the Lakers out in the first round and I think they got the fire power to do it....Even though the Lakers got the best player in the league on their team.

If I were the Phil Jackson, I'd think twice about putting Bynum back into the line up this late in the season I really think it will hurt the chemistry of the team and I highly doubt Bynum is going to be ballin' like he was at the beginning of the year.

And I told yall a month or 2 ago that Atlanta was going to make the playoffs, they might not do shit but they got a nice little squad and in a few years they should be one of the top teams in the east.

T;6255137']i dont know man, Warriors are my team, but with denver getting NENE back and Dallas having a soft schedule to end the season with us having a tough end to ours man its gonna be tough.

Out of dallas us and denver we got the toughest road ahead. But shit we got Capt jack.

I haven't checked yall's schedule but Dallas is pretty much done with out Dirk...And I had no idea Nay Nay was coming back for Denver, I don't know that will help them much cause he's been out for a while.

I'm pulling for yall mostly because you got my man Capt Jack and my other dude Baron davis.

And Phoenix just cut Denver's lead down to 6.

man i wish i could watch the suns/denver game right now. why isnt that shit on tbs or some shti!?!?!

Too true.

Stoudemire had a monster game.

Honestly if these guys play like this..

PTs Reb Ast Stl

Shaquille O'Neal: 20 12 3 3 35 mins

Amare Stoudemire: 41 14 2 2 44 mins

The only team that could probably beat them in 7 games is LA. ;O

Here's to me for looking like an idiot. I didn't think this shit could work. They just might be the team to beat come playoff time.

I tried to make that shit line up. w/e. Figure it out.

Too true.

Stoudemire had a monster game.

Honestly if these guys play like this..

PTs Reb Ast Stl

Shaquille O'Neal: 20 12 3 3 35 mins

Amare Stoudemire: 41 14 2 2 44 mins

The only team that could probably beat them in 7 games is LA. ;O

Here's to me for looking like an idiot. I didn't think this shit could work. They just might be the team to beat come playoff time.

I tried to make that shit line up. w/e. Figure it out.

Phoenix sucks though, it's not like they played a contender tonight cause Denver sucks too... When it's all said and done San Antonio will be back in the finals.

dude had 20 assists which he seems to put up every night lately.

and yeah, i agree Kobe deserves his MVP award, 'cause it kinda is a wild fact that he doesn't own one yet. but to say he's been doing a better job than Chris Paul this year of putting his team in a position to challenge for a championship isn't close. if you take cp3 off the Hornets, the wheels fall off.

Chris Paul is good dude, but do you honestly think if Kobe wasn't on the Lakers they would be in the position they're in? Kobe is the best player in the NBA and he should have won the MVP last year but got robbed by sorry ass David Stern and a Mark cuban payoff....I mean David Stern is hand picking these MVP's Steve Nash and Dirk???? Seriously wtf?

all i'm saying is Chris Paul does more with less...i guess then you would have to define "MVP". everyone looks at it differently.
I don't know about less dude...West and Chandler are pretty damn good.

And trust me when I say I hate the fuckin' Lakers. but Kobe deserves it and is long overdue for this award.

Paul had a breakout season but he's no MVP and if he really is as good as he's been playin' this year, then time will tell and he'll get his.....Kobe ain't gettin' any younger, it's his year.