NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
that place rocks..y'all making me hungry for a sicilian slice..let me know when i'll head up north too ;)

happy new year bros....

Same to you gogp!!! After all this hype on Captains I'll definately peep it out when I am out there at the end of the month!!!

sicilian you say? then you must head to sorrentos.

Had Sorrentos and it was good but pretty average for a Sicilian slice to me. Still the best I have had is Spumoni Garden's in Brooklyn... Now those Sicilians are SLAMMIN!!!

That's the Hall of Fame this year... :p

When I know my for sure dates at the end of the month I will let you know Bem... I gotta check this place out... 238th, what's your take on this spot? Any good? :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL... BUT ON THE PIZZA NOTE I JUST GOT SOME 3 BOYS FROM ITALY OFF BURKE AND WHITE PLAINS ROAD..THATS THE BEST AS FAR AS AROUND THE WAY....AND ITS OPEN TILL 3AM....AND IT HASN'T CHANGED STILL SLAMMIN........BEEN GOING THERE FOR YEARS...

All this talk about pizza reminded me of these 2 things...

First is a Pizza whole car... any idea who did this?

375793358_21c513b7a1_z.jpg?zz=1

And this is a Pizza piece IZ did in one of his black books... He always used to tell me "Every pizza has and IZ in it"... LOL I like how he used the the Pi2 P...

PizzaBB.jpg

All this talk about pizza reminded me of these 2 things...

First is a Pizza whole car... any idea who did this?

375793358_21c513b7a1_z.jpg?zz=1

And this is a Pizza piece IZ did in one of his black books... He always used to tell me "Every pizza has and IZ in it"... LOL I like how he used the the Pi2 P...

PizzaBB.jpg

NICE POST EPMD....

why did they let trains get so dirty back then, you dont even see this in the poorest countries these days.

"The MTA’s efforts to keep its fleet graffiti free were often outdone by the city’s writers. The tenacity of subway writers, combined with the Transit Authority’s cost effective “Deferred Maintenance” policy in the 1960s and 70s, is what truly made subway graffiti an epidemic. In the early 1980s, the MT.A. began to see light at the end of the tunnel, even though it would take several years for them to reach it."

from the steel wheels book.

even before graffiti the trains were filthy, covered with soot and break dust. stations and stairwells were poorly lighted and smelled like piss. trash was everywhere and crime was rampaned. the city was in finincal ruin. when graffiti arrived it just magnified the real problem. corrupt city government, the heroin/crack epedemics just exacerbated the problem, resulting in an overall poor quality of life. although officials loved to blame subway graffiti in part for this quality of life issue, but in my opinion, graffiti was more of an effect than a cause. in the 70s and 80s NYC was really like a 3rd world country, not just the subway. the tables didnt begin to turn until the mid-late 1980s. When i go to visit new York today i swear it is not the same place i grew up in 20-30 years ago.