NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Jean13 byb has a dope collection of nyc train flicks from the 1970's on http://www.flickr.com ,it's worth checking out.

Grand opening,grand closing,the missing pages of writing history continues............If you want the younger writers to do dope burners,inspire them with there past history.It belongs to everyone.The mentorship is in the photos now,the streets aren't blasted with pieces no more,and ain't nobody gettin' any younger with these huge photo collections.

^^* I agree, some older folks have a different mentality when it comes to the concept of flix sharing this information. To them, back then you had to go out and get yours i.e. flix shit with the chance you might get vicked of your camera, sneakers etc. You know the everyday day shit that went down back then. Nowadays, it's like why should I give this stuff to you for free.....

^^* I agree, some older folks have a different mentality when it comes to the concept of flix sharing this information. To them, back then you had to go out and get yours i.e. flix shit with the chance you might get vicked of your camera, sneakers etc. You know the everyday day shit that went down back then. Nowadays, it's like why should I give this stuff to you for free.....

Older folk don't pass on any graff knowledge.

Young 1's will never learn where it all began...

:(

The old folk don't put their collections up because the majority of you on here just steal shit off the internet and post on this thread like you found some rare shit in your closet that you took on your own in 1977. Stop stealing shit and instead provide links to people's personal profiles and their websites, Then maybe just maybe you'll stop pissing people off to delete there accounts like Jean 13 who was generous enough to share his own collection to begin with.

^ You guys are comming at this way off...

I have NEVER met anyone who though knowledge & history was owed to them. Can't understand why you would think that. Makes no sense. If I came from way back & now see the status of graffiti in New York today, i'd teach to anyone who would want to listen. I miss old graffiti & wish it was spoken & displayed more. As far as "Stealing" pics, like I always say, "If its free, its for me!". People wrongfully claiming its their pics & not crediting where due is just lazy. Just share the wealth & give props where props due.

Not trying to dis anyone, just typing with a broken right hand... :beat:

Yeah if it is free, then right, click save and enjoy it however respect the person whose site you take it from and provide links to their profile/web page. I'm sure Jean enjoyed reading the comments people left under his photos on Flickr. He was also telling the history behind many of the photo's he had posted and was conversing with those who left comments.

So tell me what is the point of stealing his flicks and then posting them here when their is plenty of history to learn a mouse click away?