NHL 2007-2008 Season

greensleeves

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'd very much like to draft a team, but I can't. I'm completely lost. I'm on a screen that asks me to update my avatar, look up friends, and shows my empty trophy case. Where am I supposed to go from here?

Can someone direct me? I still have the league user ID # and password, but don't know how to get to that screen.

ok, so I basically gotta be at a computer at 11 pm tomorrow? I'll try. I'm gonna be at a party and mad hammered by then (it's Canadian Thanksgiving) but I'll be there. I'll figure it out.

You figure that shit out? Basically just move the prenumbered players over to your box in your own order. If you cant make it, yahoo will use those players when drafting. It will go by who you need position wise.

Ill 99% be on, since I get off work about 45 minutes before the draft. Ill have a cold one. Also, its a big ass chat room that it goes on in, so if anyone has questions they can shoot them there.

What do they do at Canadian Thanksgiving X, watch hockey and eat turkey? Do you celebrate the Pilgrims as well, or the Vikings? Or maybe the Russians? Interesting. . .this is the first I've heard of Canadian Thanksgiving, I know you have Boxer day or whatever before our July 4th, but this is new. Anyway, have a happy Thanksgiving and good luck. And let's get a couple more players on here, line up 2 by 2 please.

What do they do at Canadian Thanksgiving X, watch hockey and eat turkey? Do you celebrate the Pilgrims as well, or the Vikings? Or maybe the Russians? Interesting. . .this is the first I've heard of Canadian Thanksgiving, I know you have Boxer day or whatever before our July 4th, but this is new. Anyway, have a happy Thanksgiving and good luck. And let's get a couple more players on here, line up 2 by 2 please.

haha. I think we celebrate the Pilgrims being helped out by the Natives and the land, maybe. Not sure.

BoxING Day is on the 26th of December. Big sale day, like your Black Monday, or whatever it's called.

Our Canada Day (the birth of Canada) is on July 1st.

SSP, thanks for your help. Blackboatshoes offered to help, too. If I have any questions, I'll pm you. And I'll try to be on a PC a half hour before the draft. One final question, though. How many players do I need in my list?

Players like crosby, Jagr and company are sure to put up huge numbers.

Last year I was in a league based on points, not head to head, guys with the above mentioned lead the league with more that 1000 points than everyone else. Total sham bullshit, esp. since dude was comish, changed shit constantly and it was a league you paid to play in, and the winner took home cash. Shitty.

that is pretty shitty, in my league we took a vote and turned off the trade deadline, so in the final the two teams playing were insanely stacked from trades and shit, i had kipper, brodeur, and hasek for goalies, crosby, thornton and jagr for forewards. shit got ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I'm going to fall a slot after tonight. I was checking the site, and noticed Schnickty-schnick slipping once again, dude, it's not that hard to just set up your team for the week every Sunday, at least to make it fun for the rest of us. A lot of change going on in the NHL right now, it seems like lots of teams that sucked earlier are getting strong, and vice versa. Marty served me well for a while, but he's been hurting a bit lately, probably not his fault he's a solid goalie. Brodeur is so on fire right now, he's like second all time shutouts as of yesterday. Time to grab a beer and a slice and fire up the TiVo. I sort of want to watch football however, I can't believe I just said that.

Looks like I'm going to fall a slot after tonight. I was checking the site, and noticed Schnickty-schnick slipping once again, dude, it's not that hard to just set up your team for the week every Sunday, at least to make it fun for the rest of us. A lot of change going on in the NHL right now, it seems like lots of teams that sucked earlier are getting strong, and vice versa. Marty served me well for a while, but he's been hurting a bit lately, probably not his fault he's a solid goalie. Brodeur is so on fire right now, he's like second all time shutouts as of yesterday. Time to grab a beer and a slice and fire up the TiVo. I sort of want to watch football however, I can't believe I just said that.

Agreed on that whole statement. Easy to set up a team for a week, thats what I do. I work too much to get super crazy with strategy, since there really isnt any except some trades.

Columbus is one of those teams playing really well that sucks ass normally. Check out tonights win over calgary for instance. Everyone is playing hard and goals are coming from players whom normally touch the puck once or get two shots a game. HUGE for them.

Lastly I watched the Rangers game this afternoon, then switched to West Virginia or Oklahoma. Im a buckeye fan so both games were huge for me. I didnt expect either team to lose and they both did. West virginia pitt game was simply awesome, super heavy hitting and equally intense as college football gets.

Overall a good night for sports and me as a fan. hahah.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived