ELF MPC - Rest in Peace my brother...

desism_ktc

• 8 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

He was a difficult child. Difficult in the sense that he defied conventionality. He loathed the prospect of being ordinary since it was alien to the complexity of his physiology.

It was a constant struggle to be unique in a world of homogeneous people who only see things on one level. Carlucci pushed, kicked and raged against the prospect of being ordinary beyond the normal perimeters and then some. The simple truth is that he was an extraordinary human being. He shaped, prodded, manipulated an idea until it was his own—always original and ideally “Carlucci”.

One of the gifts that God bestowed on Carlucci was the uncanny ability to breathe life into inanimate objects. Whatever medium he chose, from inception to execution, the end result was nothing short of spectacular. I believe that it was also a curse because of the relentless need to create screaming to break through until it was sated.

Carlucci believed that we were all here to teach and help one another. Through his art he would make a difference, and he must use this gift. He rose to the challenge and achieved and excelled beyond even his own high expectations.

I always worried about my “starving artist” son, but Carlucci did not consider material wealth a priority. “You can’t take it with you”, he reminded me numerous times. A passage in the bible, Ecclesiastes, chapter 5, verse 15: Naked a man comes from his mother’s womb and as he comes so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand.

It doesn’t surprise me that people whom I did not know personally have stated how Carlucci enriched their lives by his kindness and unconditional friendship.

A phrase I have heard over and over is that he was loved and respected. How many people in their entire lifetime can achieve those qualities?

What legacy has Carlucci left behind? He was special in every aspect; totally, irrevocably and unabashedly unique, blessed and treasured in every way possible.

He is my child, he is your child, he is everyone’s child, forever and ever in our hearts. His art is bigger than life itself vibrating like the sound of thunder in the sky, Carlucci and art as one.

All my love, Mom

He was a difficult child. Difficult in the sense that he defied conventionality. He loathed the prospect of being ordinary since it was alien to the complexity of his physiology.

It was a constant struggle to be unique in a world of homogeneous people who only see things on one level. Carlucci pushed, kicked and raged against the prospect of being ordinary beyond the normal perimeters and then some. The simple truth is that he was an extraordinary human being. He shaped, prodded, manipulated an idea until it was his own—always original and ideally “Carlucci”.

One of the gifts that God bestowed on Carlucci was the uncanny ability to breathe life into inanimate objects. Whatever medium he chose, from inception to execution, the end result was nothing short of spectacular. I believe that it was also a curse because of the relentless need to create screaming to break through until it was sated.

Carlucci believed that we were all here to teach and help one another. Through his art he would make a difference, and he must use this gift. He rose to the challenge and achieved and excelled beyond even his own high expectations.

I always worried about my “starving artist” son, but Carlucci did not consider material wealth a priority. “You can’t take it with you”, he reminded me numerous times. A passage in the bible, Ecclesiastes, chapter 5, verse 15: Naked a man comes from his mother’s womb and as he comes so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand.

It doesn’t surprise me that people whom I did not know personally have stated how Carlucci enriched their lives by his kindness and unconditional friendship.

A phrase I have heard over and over is that he was loved and respected. How many people in their entire lifetime can achieve those qualities?

What legacy has Carlucci left behind? He was special in every aspect; totally, irrevocably and unabashedly unique, blessed and treasured in every way possible.

He is my child, he is your child, he is everyone’s child, forever and ever in our hearts. His art is bigger than life itself vibrating like the sound of thunder in the sky, Carlucci and art as one.

All my love, Mom

Beautifully written.. Respect... RIP ELF..

• 7 months later...

I'm just thinking about the last time I saw you. We were having drinks at that Westchester Square bar, felt like it was 1987 all over again, no cares, just good times and hanging with crew. Finished painting those pieces at the rooftops and then were like fuck it lets hang…

I'm getting to that stage in my life where I lose more friends than making new ones, but I want you to know that I am trying to stay right.

I struggle every day. It's hard seeing the things in my dreams the way we used to see them back in the old days.

I miss hanging with the crew the way we used to. They are either far away or long gone having taken the West bound out of this world.

Anyway my brother, I know you are up there doing your thing, I just wanted to say that you are not forgotten.

ELF MPC 4EVER...

• 3 months later...