chinese big brother

serum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theyd have to have a good reason they woulnt just watch every single person 24/7

"they" as in humans, don't need to watch. computers do the "watching" just like echelon. there aren't millions of agents to listen to every call, computers listen for key words.

when a word is brought up, the conversation is flagged. then an agent is assigned the case.

echelon doesn't actually flag up keywords it's flagging system is based on inflexion of the voice.

or something like that. I remember reading an article about it at some point.

no, it flags keywords.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/1999-11/14/019r-111499-idx.html

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do;jsessionid=8E4490BD59F02896B867E9DBE76EDE56.node1?language=EN&pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+REPORT+A5-2001-0264+0+NOT+XML+V0//EN

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/echelon_011121-1.html

it's actually borderline legal here. i look at it as an infringement

on our rights as some police officers use it as an excuse to get

personal (nosey). it happened once to me when i moved up here

(tennessee). the cop came up to my window and asked for identification.

sort of nazi-esque in my opinion. we shouldn't have to present id

to travel in our own country.

No, but you aren't allowed to drive without a license, which is a legal form of identification, so if you were driving you could technically be pulled over for not having identifaction. If she stopped you for no reason, that is hardly fascism, it's just her being a bitch. It's hardly fascism, but you seem to have voided the word of all meaning in your head.

No, but you aren't allowed to drive without a license, which is a legal form of identification, so if you were driving you could technically be pulled over for not having identifaction. If she stopped you for no reason, that is hardly fascism, it's just her being a bitch. It's hardly fascism, but you seem to have voided the word of all meaning in your head.

driving is a right, not a privilege.

if you understand where a drivers license originates,

you would understand how fucked up cops are about

what they are doing.

a drivers license comes from cowboys driving cattle through town.

you had to get a "driver's license"

what they are doing.

and what about the driver's licenses in all the countries that didn't have cowboys mustering cattle?

what they are doing.

Driving certainly isn't a right, but I too am disturbed by the invasion of privacy that a driver's license represents. It would be better if your driver's test simply required you to get a certificate, but not one that could be used to connect you to everything else about your life, like a driver's license can. Driver's license don't seem to be about safety to me, but rather about getting your money in fines and fees. We actually pay to be watched. Isn't that awesome?

And getting pulled over for no reason is fascism. It is also a violation of the fourth amendment rights. I am totally against drunk driving, and I think drunk drivers should be thrown in jail, but stopping people randomly doesn't protect the public's safety, but rather infringes the rights of the innocent. If you are drunk driving and a danger to society, cops have no trouble picking you out.

It's hardly fascism, but more like racism. If everyone in this country regularly got stopped for no reason, then you might have a point, but a few racist and corrupt cops do not equal fascism. SOME counties, cities, or towns have tried quota programs to force police to make a certain amount of traffic stops, but those have been defeated in court. It happened in the town I live in and the police themselves actually fought to defeat the quota system.

And driving is certainly not a right. It is a privilege you must earn by passing the driving test and obtaining your license. That's why 10-year-olds cannot drive.

The only thing that violates your privacy is how by default your social security number is on your license, and you have to request to have a unique number instead. If you think it's a violation of privacy then please explain why, because I see nothing inherently invasive about it other than the SS number.

It's hardly fascism, but more like racism. If everyone in this country regularly got stopped for no reason, then you might have a point, but a few racist and corrupt cops do not equal fascism. SOME counties, cities, or towns have tried quota programs to force police to make a certain amount of traffic stops, but those have been defeated in court. It happened in the town I live in and the police themselves actually fought to defeat the quota system.

And driving is certainly not a right. It is a privilege you must earn by passing the driving test and obtaining your license. That's why 10-year-olds cannot drive.

The only thing that violates your privacy is how by default your social security number is on your license, and you have to request to have a unique number instead. If you think it's a violation of privacy then please explain why, because I see nothing inherently invasive about it other than the SS number.

"right to travel"

CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

CASE #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

CASE #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

Yeah, I read the Google search two, ace detective, and that does not mean squat because it is still illegal to drive without a license. And every person who has been caught for that has and will go to court or get a ticket, in both cases with the defendant losing. This probably happens every day in every state. How about all of them apples that the place you ripped those cases from does not mention? Because it would prove them wrong. There is no right to drive. If you want to say that only someone with a license to drive has the right to drive, that's a different story. But of course you are always so vague and mysterious in your reply that I have no idea what exactly you are talking about. It's hard to figure out what stating simply "right to drive" means. Maybe you are above even words now in your deluded mind.

Quotas are prevelent in pretty much every municpality in America. Your town must be "special".

And you're right, driving is not a right. That's because we live in a fascist police state.

And who the fucks social security number is on their liscense? Sure as fuck not mine. But if it were then that would be even more of an invasion into my civil rights. Do you even have a liscense? Are you older than 16?

Yeah, I read the Google search two, ace detective, and that does not mean squat because it is still illegal to drive without a license. And every person who has been caught for that has and will go to court or get a ticket, in both cases with the defendant losing. This probably happens every day in every state. How about all of them apples that the place you ripped those cases from does not mention? Because it would prove them wrong. There is no right to drive. If you want to say that only someone with a license to drive has the right to drive, that's a different story. But of course you are always so vague and mysterious in your reply that I have no idea what exactly you are talking about. It's hard to figure out what stating simply "right to drive" means. Maybe you are above even words now in your deluded mind.

or perhaps i thought that maybe your stupid ass would take some initiative and do a fucking search for yourself.

Quotas are prevelent in pretty much every municpality in America. Your town must be "special".

And you're right, driving is not a right. That's because we live in a fascist police state.

And who the fucks social security number is on their liscense? Sure as fuck not mine. But if it were then that would be even more of an invasion into my civil rights. Do you even have a liscense? Are you older than 16?

How do you know they are prevalent in "pretty much every municipality in America"? This is not a fascist police state, but I'm beginning to have an idea of what your name was before based on your fanaticism. In Massachusetts, the default license number on your license is your Social Security number, at least it was when I got my license in 1998. We don't have a right to drive without a license, because there are a lot of people who should not be driving because they are shitty drivers that cannot pass the driving test, and because children should not be driving cars. It has nothing to do with fascism. Are YOU over sixteen?

How do you know they are prevalent in "pretty much every municipality in America"? This is not a fascist police state, but I'm beginning to have an idea of what your name was before based on your fanaticism. In Massachusetts, the default license number on your license is your Social Security number, at least it was when I got my license in 1998. We don't have a right to drive without a license, because there are a lot of people who should not be driving because they are shitty drivers that cannot pass the driving test, and because children should not be driving cars. It has nothing to do with fascism. Are YOU over sixteen?

Are you serious??? Arguing that cops don't have monthly ticket quotas is like arguing that the Earth is flat. It's common knowlege. It's not even a secret. You could even ask a cop and he'll probably tell you that it's so. Maybe it's different in Mass, but I doubt it.

And I can't speak for Mass, but I have ID cards from several states and each of them have a different drivers# than the other. And none of them are my SS#.

It's not common knowledge at all, you don't know what you are talking about. I know for a fact that Boston and all the cities that surround it do not have ACTUAL quota systems where a cop must make a certain amount of arrests or write a certain amount of tickets per month.

ID cards are not a driver's license. I don't know about the ID cards in Massachusetts, but when I got my license in 1998 and my social security number was put on it. I had to get it changed once I figured out it was a bad idea--I was too young to give a shit about it at the time.

ID cards are not a driver's license. I don't know about the ID cards in Massachusetts, but when I got my license in 1998 and my social security number was put on it. I had to get it changed once I figured out it was a bad idea--I was too young to give a shit about it at the time.

But it's the same number. I have both a drivers liscense and an ID card in PA and the number on both of them are the same. And not my SS#. And it was never an option, it's just the way it is. It's the number that they give you when you're a teenager and it stays that number for life or at least as long as you live in that state. Infact when you fill out applications for jobs they ask for both your SS# and your driver/id#.

Maybe Mass is just different.