the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ironmang.jpg

ironman1c.jpg

The proportions are a little messed up on some of the letters. I think I messed the bevel up a bit too. I just decided to do it, once I was at the wall and I was't really sure how many shades of gray I needed to make it look convincing... I didn't have time to finishing the character, but I'll get it later.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but it's very obvious that you don't have simples down yet.

I've seen you around the threads, just take the advice that has been given and use it. Do KEYBOARD simples to learn how to use and morph bars to make letters.

ie, the spine of the E should be the same width the whole way down.

ive done many simples., but im thinking about taking a break and doing more, i know its good to go back to the basics., and theres alot of mistakes on that piece but thats because what? ive only been painting for a month or so

you want your widths on your letters to match up, that e looks out of place. I would def take everyon's advice and try to replicate fonts from a text editing program just type your name in and find a font you like then try an draw it, then paint it. after a while youll get a feel for how the letters are structured and it'll be easier to do pieces like the one you attempted without having it look like that. go back and look through the toy and toy paint threads. the advice thats already been given to others should help you out. ima stop here cause I wrote a fucking paragraph.

• Like 1

first actual pic post in here..think this came out good..

downsized_05210015041.jpg[/img]

bumpin for crits..

vossy i think ur tryin to hard to get things right..instaed of planning out ur stuff u should just let loose on it and u might be surprised on what happens..maybe bring a simple sketch to go off of..