the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gasps g's look way too much like can2's C's

but his piece is decently executed i guess

cheers

as for the G, well ppl are saying its like can2 like cope2 like all sort of other ppl but to me that just makes me think its a common kind of letter or somethin.... anyway its the G i have now it will evolve and look very different over time, its not gonna stay like that forever

I've done freights jams, on darker color trains using ugly dark colors in my piece but they all went well with the car; it just looked purposely ugly. Other will use contrasting colors, so the piece reaaaallly stands out from the car, like th colors are perpetuated more so than they normally would be because of the color of the car. Read up on the color wheel dealio, what colors go with what.

Like on a dark orange car, using red and dark green and orange is not a good idea. those colors do not always naturally go together (atleast in the shades which they were in). so it looks really bad. Since you're just starting, your best bet is still white fills and black outlines, or black fills and white outlines, with a color forcefield that is contrasting to the car's color. This will take your attention away from this topic and allow you to focus on yr letter structre on trains (since it is more difficult to grasp then on walls).

Also when you're in yards, study how other writers used the color of the car to enhance their piece. Try to focus on more popular/reputable writers. Find any of the dudes in a2m or network or itd. Take notice to how they use the colors and how the pieces look comfortable on that color car, but might look odd on another color car.

You'll get it eventually. Good luck man. Trains are mad fun.

good friend of mine. TOY for sure, but the kid is defiantly going to be putting a lot of work in real soon. Stock caps since paint straight off the shelves doesn't have NY fats ahaha. He needs a lot of work on his hand and scripts but be on the lookout.

Soelllll.jpg

your crew name is "no cure for cancer" a dennis leary comedy dvd. hmm

good friend of mine. TOY for sure, but the kid is defiantly going to be putting a lot of work in real soon. Stock caps since paint straight off the shelves doesn't have NY fats ahaha. He needs a lot of work on his hand and scripts but be on the lookout.

Soelllll.jpg

your crew name is "no cure for cancer" a dennis leary comedy dvd. hmm

NEWP------->not bad handstyles tht throwup needs alil werk tho....congrats on findin me nd groses spot.....is r shyt styll runnin?....nd yo tell icoco 2 be easy buffin bear my boy will snuf tht kid...

bear????idk wat ur talkin bout...dope spot by the way...everything there was fadded