drawing people

sect1

hey

i dont kno wether this is in the rite place but

ive been drawing for ages and ive always drawn cartoons e.g. cartoon peple, cars, animals, buildings ect

so i havnt reali drawn real people and i want to start. Can any one help like show me how to draw them with examples or a website or w/e to help me like how to draw eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and were 2 put them

and hands and the shading cuz im shit at it lol :):)

help plz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

look, i know youre young and ignorant to the ways of the world, so ill help you out.

if you want a genuine response on this website, please do not type LiKe THis or abrvE8 yur wrds. you will be overlooked or ridiculed because you look like a dumbass. type out all of your words properly, and use some semblance of grammar.

i think what larry pubes is telling you, which i agree with, is that if you want to know how to draw a real person, you need a real person to draw (ie a model). like, go to a portrait or figure drawing class/session. there are ones at colleges/universities and at private businesses. call up art supply stores in your area, and see if they can tell you of any they know.

since i have a good idea of where youre at, i would advise a class, rather than just the drawing session. that way the teacher can tell you how you can make your drawing look like a more convincing real person (if that is what you want) as you go along. they can also tell you about drawing materials and styles, etc.

initally, if you want, you can copy figure drawings out of a book, like jeno barcsay's anatomy for the artist, but it will only help you so much (in my opinion, maybe even work against you). similarly, a common drawing assignment is to tear faces/eyes/noses/ears/hands out of magazines (close ups) and to practice copying them on another piece of paper, which seems more your speed.

shut up you moron, it's a fucking good tip. p.s. don't post a thread without anything you've done yourself to start it.

and youre so much smarter...

i just dont think he really got what mr pubes was saying. like it went over this kids head cause mr pubes answered 'how do i draw real people?' by saying 'draw real people.' like defining a word by using it in the definition.

and i dont think any of the work he would have posted would have been relevant.

hey i wasn't trying to be a dink..sorry, "diked".......but how much simpler can you get? grab a pencil, do a google image search of a face until you find one you think is usable, and start at it. grab your eraser and keep working on it. you'll probably get really frustrated for awhile because you suck insanely bad when you start, but eventually, IF you keep at it, you will start understanding the basics of a face and how to draw one...start by simplifying everything...the head is a circle, draw a circle. then fill it in with the details. the eyes from a head on perspective are in the middle of the face...etc..

hey i wasn't trying to be a dink..sorry, "diked".......but how much simpler can you get? grab a pencil, do a google image search of a face until you find one you think is usable, and start at it. grab your eraser and keep working on it. you'll probably get really frustrated for awhile because you suck insanely bad when you start, but eventually, IF you keep at it, you will start understanding the basics of a face and how to draw one...start by simplifying everything...the head is a circle, draw a circle. then fill it in with the details. the eyes from a head on perspective are in the middle of the face...etc..

sorri i thought u woz tryin 4 b smart i u kno wt i mean like spkin 2 me like im simple but kk thanks

• 3 weeks later...

OK. OK. Because I feel bad for you. Buy or steal a book on anatomy. In order to draw from life you need to understand skeletal and muscular structure. Gesture comes from the spine. Keep that in mind when drawing. Stay loose. If you want to draw flabby naked people take a life drawing class. Most colleges offer this for non-credit or 1 credit non-matriculating students.

• 2 months later...
and youre so much smarter...

i just dont think he really got what mr pubes was saying. like it went over this kids head cause mr pubes answered 'how do i draw real people?' by saying 'draw real people.' like defining a word by using it in the definition.

and i dont think any of the work he would have posted would have been relevant.

Have i even talked to you on here before?

Edit: and of course it would have been relevant. If he posted some efforts, it would give something for others to critique and therefore he would perhaps know what he would be doing right/wrong. Just because you have thousands of posts on a website doesn't give you the right to talk down. Grow up.

keep the peace guys. keep the peace.

anyway, as far as tips go, i'd say try to work on framing as well. While you practice drawing people by looking at either photos or actual human beings who happen to be around (sometiems a difficult task unless you're quick and/or they're staying stil for a while, but still good to try) try to focus on framing. while you're observing, you should try roughly mapping out the general shape and size of the structure and then move on to outlining the general shapes of the figure but more refined. then start filling in details and get more and more specific as you go.

as a beginner though, you should mostly focus on mapping out the shape before you go on.

id advise never to start with details.

• 2 weeks later...