UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

I thought it was a good fight. Not a great one, but it's not like they circled each other for 5 rounds with out swinging. Just because Silva doesn't finish a guy who has a great chin, doesn't mean the fights a let down either, and definitely doesn't mean he should retire because of that. I was fully entertained the entire fight.

I don't disagree with what you said about the UFC, they could be such a better business if they were run by people that weren't retarded. Start by paying your fucking fighters.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Damn, I always respected Silva, he gets busted for juicing and now he's gonna get tossed in the same category as all the other juicers the UFC has. Overeem, Belfort, Sonnen...I don't think he was always on roids, maybe just tried it to heal quicker and strengthen his leg for this fight. But who really knows. The UFC should change the results of the fight to a no contest. What should be interesting to see is who gets the longer suspension between the two. I think this is Silva's 1st offense and Diaz has been caught multiple times for weed. I definitely think penalties should be harsher for steroids though

What? Nick Diaz smokes weed?! Really, this is of no surprise to anybody. Dude probably shits stems and seeds. He might get the worse end of it because he's the UFC's I don't give a fuck bad boy, defies a lot of the rules and protocol, but fans want to see him. Silva can probably claim he was doing it to heal the leg. He should claim that, because it's not like he's put on muscle mass or anything.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dude presents himself as a massive douche, which I'm sure the UFC encourages to create hype and sell fights. But douche or not, he unfortunately keeps winning. I would love to see Aldo obliterate him and hope he does, but I haven't been as impressed with him as of late and douchebag had a point- how often does Aldo finish. On the other hand, if Aldo goes the full fight but makes McGregor's leg look like Faber's, I'll be happy.

Aldo doesn't finish as much because he's been fighting amazing fighters since he's been in the UFC. And let's not forget he KO'd the #1 and #5 ranked dudes in that division before. GSP is considered one of the greatest of all time, and he didn't finish people as much either.

McGregor was given an old, washed up german dude as a can to boost his hype, and shitty Diego Brandao. His most notable win is against a dude outside the top 5. And let's not even get into how the UFC has been avoiding giving him wrestlers, lol

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is to work around basketball and Easter, as well as to test out being on the mainstream sports market. And when the fight is in another part of the world on another time zone.

Kind of surprised Iaquinta got the win, and Mendes looked good there.

Can't believe the next fight is Gonzaga/Cro Cop 2, don't think fans really care.