I *seriously have reached the end of the internet.

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I heard that the ISP's won that battle and the government is now out of the loop concerning the content and connectivity of the internet. Some guys at work were explaining to me that now we will begin to see things like, for example, you belong to a certain ISP's network, and they don't like this other ISP.... well email coming from the other ISP is blocked now because they are not required to accept it... or even better, you have to pay extra to get email from that certain domain. Or maybe to surf certain sites determined by someone else, where as right at this very second I can look at whatever website I please. I believe that what has happened in this recent ruling is going to hurt the internet, and this is also the position that some of my coworkers are taking. Things are going to change and not, in my opinion, for the better.

I love the educational aspect of the internet, but what happens when you've researched to the extents of your imagination. I know you're probably thinking, well you don't have a very big imagination... no, that's not it, I am just limited to a small number of things that are truly interesting enough for me to spend my time and energy researching. As far as the contributing to the internet, I would love to contribute something worth while, and I do that when I can (on these car forums that I go on)... but I am not interested in using the internet tooooo much as a socialization tool. I like to educate myself, if I want to talk to people for socialization purposes I like to do it in real life. I thought about myspace a while ago before I deleted my account, and I thought, "You know, all these people are on here, telling everything about themselves." It's just not where I want to be, I don't want to be some one's fake e-friend. It's whatever, I'm rambling, everyone (most everyone) on this website is cool, and have kept me thoroughly entertained over the years on the internet. I actually couldn't thank you all enough.

especially when it's some condescending judgement like that.

12oz has been a ton of fun for me as well, getting to meet new people in their places was one of the coolest.

as far as internet content modification..it doesn't always have to be about socializing.

for example, the photo thread we have has taught me tons about cameras.

i certainly understand where you're coming form though

i only had internet at home for about a year

i don't really miss not having it.

but the day i can get it cheap and free on my phone, oh geez.

i can think of tons of applications.

Thank you Cal and After school special. I liked some of those links, see that's really what I was trying to get from you all, was maybe some *interesting things to look at and read on the internet. Everyone finds different things, and there's plenty that I haven't seen yet, so anything new and interesting is definitely a big plus for me. I appreciate it.

Yeah Symbols, I've gotten to where when I get on the internet to idle or kill time in any way it only works for about 10 minutes then I'm bored again.. haha.