Wash DC

colonisms

I'm posting this because it might be useful for people to be aware of discussions like this taking place in your city...for you illiterate dumb motherfuckers THERE WILL MOST LIKELY BE PO-LICE THERE SO BE CAREFUL

Got Graffiti? Come Join Us For A Close Up Look At Graffiti In DC

How do you feel about the graffiti in your neighborhood? Is there a place for it in DC? What is your impression of the people who illegally tag? How would you like to see graffiti handled?

Join MuralsDC as it launches its 2011 program with a look at the culture of graffiti and discussion with people involved on all sides—former taggers, artists, agencies who clean graffiti, and those who fund public art.

Help us achieve a better understanding of graffiti and what we can do to achieve solutions that LAST.

WHAT: MuralsDC Panel Discussion on Graffiti

WHEN: Tuesday, July 26, 6:00-8:00pm

WHERE: Busboys & Poets (2021 14th St., NW – Langston Room)

Contact Nancee Lyons at nancee.lyons@dc.gov or 202-673-6833 with questions/comments.

Kevin B. Twine

Staff Assistant

Department of Public Works

Office of the Director

2000 14th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20009

Ph: 202-671-2593

Fx: 202-671-0642

kevin.twine@dc.gov

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'm posting this because it might be useful for people to be aware of discussions like this taking place in your city...for you illiterate dumb motherfuckers THERE WILL MOST LIKELY BE PO-LICE THERE SO BE CAREFUL

Got Graffiti? Come Join Us For A Close Up Look At Graffiti In DC

How do you feel about the graffiti in your neighborhood? Is there a place for it in DC? What is your impression of the people who illegally tag? How would you like to see graffiti handled?

Join MuralsDC as it launches its 2011 program with a look at the culture of graffiti and discussion with people involved on all sides—former taggers, artists, agencies who clean graffiti, and those who fund public art.

Help us achieve a better understanding of graffiti and what we can do to achieve solutions that LAST.

WHAT: MuralsDC Panel Discussion on Graffiti

WHEN: Tuesday, July 26, 6:00-8:00pm

WHERE: Busboys & Poets (2021 14th St., NW – Langston Room)

Contact Nancee Lyons at nancee.lyons@dc.gov or 202-673-6833 with questions/comments.

Kevin B. Twine

Staff Assistant

Department of Public Works

Office of the Director

2000 14th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20009

Ph: 202-671-2593

Fx: 202-671-0642

kevin.twine@dc.gov

Please explain to me what achieve solutions means? Graffiti is illegal and for vandals. People that want to sketch graffiti and do legal walls are welcome to it. For the rest, you take a chance at arrest every tag you throw up.

Looking for some kind of harmony between community and graffiti writers? seriously?

what kind of toy ass writer are you that you get happy about an arrest? jail should not be wished upon even for your worst enemy...

im not happy, im just saying karma's a bitch, he puts his name out there like that. and hes bound to get arrested. eventually, your going to get caught if you keep doing it. no disrespect to him, just humorous considering how long that cats been in the game.

i volunteered to speak at the muralsdc discussion panel but dpw turned me down becuz of recent arrest. all due respect to CON, but i thought there should be at least one dc street bomber there.

and honestly, graf writers should be FROM the community, so maybe they should care ABOUT the community. its just our views about whats good for the community may not line up with what the powers that be think. since my arrest ive had a huge amount of support from everyday people in community who love graf. theyre not interested in murals of flowers and houses and want to see real graf and think the laws are stupid. and i mean middle-aged homeowners, hipster bartenders, mothers with kids... we're in the middle of an entire generation that grew up w hip hop and graffiti and doesnt demonize it the way lawmakers do. i dont think all types of graffiti will ever be legal, but i would like to see more legal opportunities for graf artists to really interact w their own community artistically... fuck the lawmakers. if grassroots community members want to see my work for real (and not watered down), im gonna work w them to do it...