HOODS OF ART - 20TH ANNIVERSARY THREAD

A.J. Foyte

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really terrible thread/city for so many reasons:

1.Hasnt the scene moved on, its like 75% of the witers are stuck in the past. Cert, Some, Ever, SMK, Cast and a couple others put in a lot of work way back, but get over it. Like who cares, except Eon who has been the one at the forefront of perpetually riding these guys and got others to do the same.

2. HOA seems to dominate this thread but theyve always been a mediocre crew at best in DC, there like a grown up 2DK. There graff usually sucks, for the exception of Some and Cense, SMK, maybe Clear but I dont even know if he reps HOA. Anyway point is the crew is burnt and you should drop it.

3. In addition to HOA theres so many pictures and discussions on here about nothing writers who didnt even do anything in DC but some redline stuff and a few tags. Like Estes, Band, Anyone in MBS, Relm, Ster, Mist, etc. etc. etc. If they dont have at least 30 street fills there not even a deal, let alone a big one.

4. From looking at this board it would seem like eon TWO!!! haha is the biggest, baddest, most up writer in the city. I dont see Eon stuff anywhere especially outside of U St. Adams Morgan.

5. This DC thread should be called The NW/parts of NE thread cause outside of certain areas, there only 3 or 4 writers that put up anything. Benning Rd, Minnesota Ave, S. Capitol, Buroughs Ave, and anything south of all that nobody has touched except those few writers that youll have to find out for yourself, hmmmm maybe Im one of em.

6. Borf is overated here in this thread/city. Ok hes put a lot of work, a lot of tags, but if you wanna ride someone who has a lot of tags ride Debt. I see Debt tags all over the city, whereever I go. He dosnt have a stupid tag and a stupid name so I guess he dosnt get noticed as much, but hes done as much as Borf, minus a few ugly ass fills.

7. People need to give Coma credit for outdoing and outbombing them. He may be a dick and an asshole but thats who he is, paint around him and squash your beef cuz 9/10 times hes right and done more graffiti than you.

8. Quit w/ all this threat shit/thug talk on the internet, Ive done it to, and its pretty dumb.

9. People I'd like to see more of on the bored cause they do good graffiti(and no Im not one of these people): Xrae, Kong, Cave, and Tale pieces.

10. All these old guys move over and stop acting like gods to all the young writers. We get it you guys did graffiti in the early 90's but yer not all that and a few people have done just as much if not more than you all. One of those people is Coma(which is probably why you hate him so much). SMK yur rediculous on here BTW, chill out arent you kind of old to be hanging out w/17yr olds?

Anyway this post really, truly, honestly wasnt made to disrespect anyone, just to set things straight and present another set of facts when it comes to DC graff. Maybe itll make people think about who they look up to and why the scene is so played, but probably not.

Haha Rei & Exist putting in more work than Coma, or anyone in ATB for that matter is funny. Point is they got their phone tapped cause they were painting in VA, which is stupid in most peoples book. Isle did time for graffiti, thats cuase it was in VA, Ive put in way more work than those three and never done a day in jail because of graffiti.

and even if it was the dc thread..rei and exist put in way more work than anyone is now that you mentioned..you ever had your phone tapped for graffiti? i didnt think so

For etchbath in Georgetown they were arrested redhanded and charged, plus he had priors for Va graffiti, I dont think I should have to spell it out but anyone who paints in VA will get investigated, just like anyone who paints anywhere upscale/nice/new i.e. Georgetown, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, etc etc will be arrested and charged if caught or possibly investigated. I was stopped by police for graff in DC a number of times and never once have I ever been locked up, cited, ticketed, or charged for it..............

For etchbath in Georgetown they were arrested redhanded and charged, plus he had priors for Va graffiti, I dont think I should have to spell it out but anyone who paints in VA will get investigated, just like anyone who paints anywhere upscale/nice/new i.e. Georgetown, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, etc etc will be arrested and charged if caught or possibly investigated. I was stopped by police for graff in DC a number of times and never once have I ever been locked up, cited, ticketed, or charged for it..............

so did you quit when dc/va started investigating individuals?