9/11 five years later

papa_dukes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the characters in a ww2 novel by james jones (sargent Welshor something ) is crazy and sees war as purely equasions of property between states. it got me thinking

a terrorist organisation destroyed; four US airliners, damaged the pentagon, and leveled 2 city towers. Over three thousand lives lost

in retaliation The US destroyed the iraqi army and toppled the criminal regime of iraq. In doing so an entire country's infrastucture was damaged and countless thousands of civilians killed.

that equasion doesn't make sense.

At first a was like, whatever, it's a criminal regime, it doesn't matter if they had little or nothing to do with 9/11 they may as well be destroyed. buts that's dumb, there are countless dictatorships across the globe...

Damn. I just watched a bunch of September 11 videos on YouTube. I remember where I was. I was at work, but everyone was down where the TVs were, tuned in. I showed up right before the second plane hit the tower. I didn't think much of it, until the second plane hit, and then the towers fell. That changed everybodies life. I was working with a black guy, and he said, "Now the Arabs are the blacks." I didn't know what to think when this happened.

My friend was working in South Boston, and he said that everyone he worked with had anti-Arab hatred. I didn't have any hatred when this happened, I just felt so bad about it. The next day a crazy man walked by my work, carrying signs. I remember looking at the John Hancock Tower, and thinking, that it might get struck at any moment. My girlfriend was on AmTrack at the time, and I couldn't get through to her.

It's beautiful, the way a disaster will make all other worries fade away. Even these days, I think about a potential attack, and I only think about my family and my loved ones. On September 11th, my co-worker's wife cried, because her cousin was on one of the planes. Sometimes, I just want to let it all out, but now, the government has made me angry and bitter. It's hard to talk about 9-11 without thinking about the consequences, the war in Iraq, the innocents imprisoned, war, war ,war. But it's not that hard, I still do think about the horror of that day.

When Hurricane Katrina struck, it was like, all of that came back. I was very emotional when that happened. I wish I could find a center of tragedy and despair in America, but I think it is quickly replaced with anger.

i remember it seeming more bigger than it actually was. because of all the rumors and confusion going on. because there was the rumor about the Washington Mall being on fire, Camp David being attacked, Air Force One threatened, a car bomb at the State Dept., a helicopter crash near the Pentagon... and then combine that with supposedly there being other hijacked planes...

Archived