getting paid from your graff skills

Dawood

Dawood have you ever used water based sealants on your work? Faux painting books recommend using them but i havent used them with spraypaint before. just curious because alot of the work i get is because i guarantee free touchups for a year.

DCG-21508.JPG

I use day glo filter ray a lot if I need to. Filter ray is a Uv protectant used to filter out the uv rays that fade paint.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aight I Would Do Legal Pay For My Graff Skillz But How Do I Like You Know Ask People About stuff like That Cuz i dont wanna go and be like "Hey Im a Graffiti Artist And I Wanted to Know If I Could Paint Your Store For Some Cash its Kinda Strange That And The Fact That im Wanted For Illeagal Graffiti Plus Im Only 13 And I Need the Money"

Im Only 13 And I Need the Money

This is what you do:

Ask Mommy or Daddy for a ride to your local super market.

Fill out a job application.

If you get a job, work hard.

Study hard in school.

Stay away from paint.

^Do the above^ You'll thank me when your a successful member of society.

ADD:Also learn how to read, I could excuse your error if this was 3 page deep thread, but it's not.

Aight I Would Do Legal Pay For My Graff Skillz But How Do I Like You Know Ask People About stuff like That Cuz i dont wanna go and be like "Hey Im a Graffiti Artist And I Wanted to Know If I Could Paint Your Store For Some Cash its Kinda Strange That And The Fact That im Wanted For Illeagal Graffiti Plus Im Only 13 And I Need the Money"

scram ,kid

hey Dawood, hate to keep bothering you with questions ...

ive been looking around online for information on how to's on vinyl lettering but am coming up with goose eggs. i had talked to a sign shop quite a while ago and they had told me everything they do is on Illustrator. should i be learning that program? would that be the preferred method for making vinyl's or should i be turning my attention in another direction? mucho appreciado ...

Dawood = wealth of information.

the program that most sign shops (including the one i work at) use is flexi sign pro, composer or sign lab. As for cutting vinyl, look on e bay for a cheap plotter. I sugggest either a gerber or Allen. My plan is to save up for a digital printer, you can print on a banner (before hemming and grommets), and you can print a custom pantone color where vinyl is only available in certain ones, but there are alot. You can also paint the vinyl and put it thru the plotter. Another advantage is that you can print the fill, outline, shade, force whatever, as opposed to layering with vinyl. I've seen dawoods portfolio in person and he's done more stuff than whats on his website, professional outdoor advertising type ishk.

good luck iron lung, stack chips, but u definetly have to spend money to make money

james, for the haircuts, essex and auction signs, are they just hand painted on regular ol' wood or are you using another method? just wondering cause i dont know what kinds of signs i would be making, other than just the general "sandwich board" types. is there some sort of standard (size, material, etc.) or is it pretty much whatever you can come up with? im just trying to figure out how i would market hand painted signs.

*edit* the wall came out really nice foodstamps.

those signs are all painted with one shot. Aluminum is is what most people use, or mdo (medium density overlay) plywood. You can get them primed, usually an 8 by 4 sheet of primed mdo is around 50 bills. Check the local sign supplier. If you start doing big stuff you have to get permits, in my city it costs 60 bucks for a permit. Truck lettering is always good to do, its the best advertisement for a small business. Ive done stuff for free just to get a flick, people just wanna see stuff you've done.