marlboro country (virginia)

promnight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
forse and cense. bump that shit.

back before vcu was on cary st. you could find Forse on the abandon houses... back when the crack was made on cary and parts of the south fan looked like DMZ's! rva is a lot different than it used to be 6-7 years ago...

(20mins later...)

A'ight.

So I'm at work listening to the ^^Free Speech album "Laffy Taffy Rots Your Teeth" and I'm dead serious here. I went on the net to look for pictures of CarySt. in the 90's to post. I didn't expect to really find any... but after trying for some time, I simply went to the image search and looked up "richmond." About 3 pages into the search I came across this and it was so bad that I couldn't not look... Not even going to post it. I'm just gonna link it. Sensitive P.C. cats beware.

God'Damn we got some fucked up history.

not the civil war. just the one article in the link with the "Desecration of the Statute of Washington at Richmond VA."

^^yep. that one...

nah they got that

Are you the descendant of a Slave? Should you feel proud, angry, or ashamed? Are you the descendant of a Slave Holder? Should you feel proud, angry or ashamed? Are you the descendant of someone who looked the other way? How should you feel? How do you feel? In ranting about the evils of slavery, do we forget the hundreds of thousands who shed their blood to gain our freedom? Do we forget those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedom? In glorifying Southern Bravery and Chivalry do we forget the dark aspect of our southern culture built on the institution of enslavement?

There are many who are eager to tell us how we should think, even going so far as suggesting that if we do not think a certain way, we have betrayed our heritage. That is not the purpose of this site. Our objective is to simply present, not interpret. This site has extensive historical resources on the topic of slavery. We have compiled the WEB’s most extensive collection of slave documentation; Interviews with slaves reflecting on their experiences in their own words, original images of Slaves and Slave life. We present news, stories, and even slavery cartoons from the day.

This is the story of Slaves, Slave owners, and those who looked the other way.

Our wounds have yet to fully heal, and they will not fully heal until we all come to terms with who we are. Our heritage; where we came from, who we are, and what we seek to become. We are all Sons of the South. Where do we go from here?

nah they got that

Are you the descendant of a Slave? Should you feel proud, angry, or ashamed? Are you the descendant of a Slave Holder? Should you feel proud, angry or ashamed? Are you the descendant of someone who looked the other way? How should you feel? How do you feel? In ranting about the evils of slavery, do we forget the hundreds of thousands who shed their blood to gain our freedom? Do we forget those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedom? In glorifying Southern Bravery and Chivalry do we forget the dark aspect of our southern culture built on the institution of enslavement?

There are many who are eager to tell us how we should think, even going so far as suggesting that if we do not think a certain way, we have betrayed our heritage. That is not the purpose of this site. Our objective is to simply present, not interpret. This site has extensive historical resources on the topic of slavery. We have compiled the WEB’s most extensive collection of slave documentation; Interviews with slaves reflecting on their experiences in their own words, original images of Slaves and Slave life. We present news, stories, and even slavery cartoons from the day.

This is the story of Slaves, Slave owners, and those who looked the other way.

Our wounds have yet to fully heal, and they will not fully heal until we all come to terms with who we are. Our heritage; where we came from, who we are, and what we seek to become. We are all Sons of the South. Where do we go from here?

This thread is becoming "I'm from Virginia, where ain't shit to do but cook"...:scrambled: :scrambled: somebody post more flicks....P.S. bump Force/Cense..

song, song of the south

even though i'm a yankee (that's what they would refer to me as)ha, the war's over, the south lost. not to forget about it because if we don't learn from our history we are doomed to repeat it, but at the same time one shouldn't be totally entrenched in it like the war's still going on, that is, unless you are a re-enactor, then they have conventions for you...