Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This whole tape debate is out of control. Tape saved me a ton of time on this wall and left me with some crispy ass lines to boot. I don't hate on tape usage occasionally. Just keep that shit away from your piece. So long as the peice is still rocked free hand, that's all that should matter in my opinion.

2180209498_5d05433c89.jpg

this shit right here is bannanas,2 ct pros,with an ill ass background

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Exist does some nice, clean stuff.

I used to do a lot of really long, straight lines. I still wouldn't even think of using tape. If I can't paint it freehand, then I won't do it. You can paint just about anything freehand if you have decent can control.

The only way I could possibly see a stencil being necessary for real graffiti is if you're trying to create the exact same image many, many times. Like a snowflake or something. If it's just 2-3, I'd do it freehand.

The problem is that way too many newjacks use these tools without demonstrating that they can do it without tools in the first place. In the case of that video, those taped off lines could have easily been done freehand. If you're getting overspray, you're not doing it right. Taped lines look so clean they look soulless and artificial. It's the difference between a master typefacer and adobe illustrator. One has real heart and soul, the other has ones and zeroes. Think about it that way, because good art is always 99% heart and soul, and 1% halfway decent idea.

Kid, these rules have been established since the 70's. Do whatever you want, by all means, but don't expect to be taken seriously by graff writers. If it's fine art you want to do, then do that. No one's stopping you. Just don't get butthurt when you perpetrate.

Exist does some nice, clean stuff.

I used to do a lot of really long, straight lines. I still wouldn't even think of using tape. If I can't paint it freehand, then I won't do it. You can paint just about anything freehand if you have decent can control.

The only way I could possibly see a stencil being necessary for real graffiti is if you're trying to create the exact same image many, many times. Like a snowflake or something. If it's just 2-3, I'd do it freehand.

The problem is that way too many newjacks use these tools without demonstrating that they can do it without tools in the first place. In the case of that video, those taped off lines could have easily been done freehand. If you're getting overspray, you're not doing it right. Taped lines look so clean they look soulless and artificial. It's the difference between a master typefacer and adobe illustrator. One has real heart and soul, the other has ones and zeroes. Think about it that way, because good art is always 99% heart and soul, and 1% halfway decent idea.

excellent points.

also, a person will never develop any can control if they rely on tape to make straight lines. so what's the point?

i'm not going to lie, i've used a piece of cardboard from time to time to cut a tight line, but i would never go as far as using tape.

this isn't airbrushing, you know?