Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Gaze... in 1991-1992. So far ahead of his time it is crazy. It took more than 10 years for some of his fills, colors, tricks, etc. to get popular.

justy looking through the IMOK thread again, some of those pieces you and crazy gazer did were mind blowingly different. very inspiring

I dont get how people put up letters nowadays that look like a 5 year old drew them...

I was thinking the exact same thing. I can't write for shit, but I can give a monkey a something to write with and he can come up with better letters then some shit here. What makes me laugh is when their boys come on after and start "that is hot" or some other gay shit like that. I really do not want to name names because at least they are painting and that is better then nothing at all. I just wish they would stay home and come up with something better before they decide to paint it.

Then man up and say shit to people directly. Too many people being too vague, doesn't offer constructive criticism. It's so easy to sit behind the screen and talk shit, but the total opposite when you are out there doing your thing figuring it out yourself. At least a majority of people's "putting up 5 year old letters" seem to have a lot of respect out here with a few exceptions.

Then man up and say shit to people directly. Too many people being too vague, doesn't offer constructive criticism. It's so easy to sit behind the screen and talk shit, but the total opposite when you are out there doing your thing figuring it out yourself. At least a majority of people's "putting up 5 year old letters" seem to have a lot of respect out here with a few exceptions.

Not talking shit at all. Just stating my opinion.

Because I really do not want to turn this thread into a shit talking thread. If you want constructive criticism, here you go:

SouthingtonConnector.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

hot butta grimey beats

8T384_Wall2007_16-eagr.jpg

6cr2y9u.jpg

5xo7xgw.jpg

I could not get that Ick guy to post in this, but he is included.

Like I said I do not want to get into shit talking, because that would ruin this thread and I give these guys credit, because at least they are still painting, but their letters need some working on.

I donno man, and I think a few will disagree... but everyone can't be rocking the same shit... I look at those pics above and I see different styles and I love them for their originality and for the pure fact that people are doing their thing. That's what it's about, rocking your shit and riding it till it comes off shining. If it makes people happy, that's what matters. I can say you posted one of my flicks and I am not offended the list bit, I actually am very hard on myself everytime I'm out and am probably my own biggest haterer. I appreciate anything anyone wants to tell me as far as my letter structure etc. None the less, just posting pictures and not giving advice is still pretty much not contributing to the game. Isn't that what it's all about?

The Burye, that shit is dope.. Rock, I can post like 5 flicks of his shit that's fire. You gotta understand that style, all fat caps, thrown up. If you've ever tried to blast out a burner with all fats, you know how hard it is to keep that shit that clean? The triple E production, you posted is very interesting because you didn't include the other Edit and Eyon that was included in that original post. Those cats burned two burners that day, in the hot ass ball sweating fire ass heat. The EYON neon piece and the crazy ass circuis fill Edit piece came hours after that deal. Everything can't always be a Rolls Royce, sometimes you gotta admire the imperfections and simpleness and recognize that if these cats had to bring the real shit, they are fully capable at anytime. Go to any tunnel and those guys have at least something running everywhere. Not many "DOPE WRITERS" can say that. Some of the people you are critiquing are the same people you are giving props as well. Again, my opinion, I don't want this thread to go south, and I will post pics when I get home to make up for my rant. it's all love.

Cool. Just so I make myself clearer. I am glad that these guys are painting, because a few years ago no one was. But getting up and being good are two different things. They should still paint as much as they can, but I still think that they should really work on doing something different with their letters.

I hope no one takes what I am saying as me being an asshole, because that is not what I am trying to do.

i think the reason most heads on this thread are

afraid to speak their minds is that even when they

are attempting to drop some constructive criticism,

they come under fire from the subjects boys or some

shit, so everyones only dropping positive, harmless

notes. i know im at least very cautious with my wording

when i post ever since the first time i sparked a debate

on this shit.

but i agree with sil. ive only been at this for a few years,

but i love how ct has blown the fuck up with cats covering

most parts of the spectrum; tho many, including myself,

are afraid to experiment w/ styles/techniques that arent

so common in ct. its understandable paint is expensive

and/or difficult to obtain, so they wanna make sure what

goes up counts. still, if there was any area i would say needs

improvement across the board, its that.

keep rockin shit

fuck all the fives watchin this thread

im picking up a new name starting... NOW!