World Baseball Classic

Jimmy Jump

Damn i was pissed when i went to the anahiem store, they only had one set of jerseys for korea and everything else was packed full of stuff for the other teams.....

wait what was wrong with their jerseys, wasnt it the blue ones?

oh yeah and i bought the jersey, best 90 bucks i ever had my cousin pay for with her moms credit card. Holla :king:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't he the guy who started?

You shoulda seen the Japanese (starter, I think?). Crazy wicked submarine pitches. He held them 1 hit for quite a few innings.

But I wouldn't say that Korea was a far superior team tonight. They played amazing and capitalized on some serious gaffes by Japan, who also played really, really well.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Mar 15 2006, 03:22 PM

But if one ump is questioning another ump's call,

im not defending umps--half the time im wondering if they're watching the same game as me. i just think replay can change the game if it gets out of hand. settling ump disputes with replay might not be that bad, though.

the korea/japan game looked like a good game in the highlights. for whatever reason its not on espn2 as it was scheduled to be. (1:00am et)

Originally posted by Jimmy Jump+Mar 16 2006, 02:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Jump - Mar 16 2006, 02:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Mar 15 2006, 03:22 PM

But if one ump is questioning another ump's call,

im not defending umps--half the time im wondering if they're watching the same game as me. i just think replay can change the game if it gets out of hand. settling ump disputes with replay might not be that bad, though.

the korea/japan game looked like a good game in the highlights. for whatever reason its not on espn2 as it was scheduled to be. (1:00am et)

[/b]

And even then, only when it's the last bit of the season and playoffs, I think. Every other sport uses replay - why shouldn't baseball?

Originally posted by the A squad@Mar 15 2006, 10:10 PM

...yeaaahhh the korea/usa one was full of angry white people that were mad korea won. I seriously wanted to go to this game because of the rivalry and the fact that the seats were sold out with nothing but asian people...lots of hot asian girls.

KOREA AND THE US HAD A RIVALRY? THAT'S NEWS TO ME. I KNOW JAPAN AND KOREA HAVE A RIVALRY BEING FROM THE SAME REGION AND ALWAYS BITCHING TO EACH OTHER ABOUT WHICH COUNTRY IS BETTER AT BASEBALL.

KOREA = OVERRATED RACISTS.

Originally posted by D0WN+Mar 14 2006, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D0WN - Mar 14 2006, 08:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Scarekroe@Mar 14 2006, 11:04 PM

ACTUALLY NOT REALLY BECAUSE BASEBALL PLAYS ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT THAN BASKETBALL. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A BASEBALL GAME AND PLAYERS HAVE LESS CONTROL OF THE GAME SINCE IT'S JUST ONE BATTER AT A TIME. IN BASKETBALL WHERE THE U.S. HAS PRETTY MUCH DOMINATED OVER THE YEARS IN THE OLYMPICS SINCE BASKETBALL WAS INTRODUCED AS AN OLYMPIC SPORT (WON 2 SILVERS, ONE BRONZE, AND ALL THE REST WERE GOLD MEDALS). I'M JUST SAYING IT'S NOT THAT SURPRISING THAT THE US TEAM IS GOING TO LOSE SOME GAMES.

SPEAKING OF BASKETBALL THE INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYERS BETTER WATCH OUT IN 2008. THE U.S. IS TAKING IT SERIOUSLY THIS TIME. GONNA HAVE THEM ACTUALLY PRACTICE TOGETHER DURING THE SUMMERS AND RUN PLAYS, AND THEY'RE GONNA PUT OUTSIDE SHOOTERS ON THIS TEAM. THE GOLD WILL GO BACK WHERE IT BELONGS.

So you're basically saying that Korea got lucky? Just like how the White Sox just got really lucky and won the world series in 2005?

KOREA VS JAPAN round 2 tomorrow.

[/b]

I DIDN'T SAY KOREA GOT LUCKY, I SAID IT'S HARDER TO DOMINATE IN BASEBALL THAN IT IS IN BASKETBALL. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'VE GOT THE BEST PLAYERS EVER ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE GAME. LOOK AT THE YANKEES. HIGHEST PAID TEAM IN MLB HISTORY; THEY'RE BASICALLY AN ALL-STAR TEAM AND THEY STILL GOT KNOCKED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.

Originally posted by Scarekroe+Mar 16 2006, 09:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarekroe - Mar 16 2006, 09:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-the A squad@Mar 15 2006, 10:10 PM

...yeaaahhh the korea/usa one was full of angry white people that were mad korea won. I seriously wanted to go to this game because of the rivalry and the fact that the seats were sold out with nothing but asian people...lots of hot asian girls.

KOREA AND THE US HAD A RIVALRY? THAT'S NEWS TO ME. I KNOW JAPAN AND KOREA HAVE A RIVALRY BEING FROM THE SAME REGION AND ALWAYS BITCHING TO EACH OTHER ABOUT WHICH COUNTRY IS BETTER AT BASEBALL.

KOREA = OVERRATED RACISTS.

[/b]

He went to the US/Korea game..He meant that he wished he had gone to the Japan/Korea game.

And, yeah, this thing isn't very accurate as to who is necessarily the better team (hence why I said earlier that there is a reason why MLB has 162 games before they decide who makes the post-season), but it's still fun to watch.

I can't believe this US/Mexico game is a one run game right now.