<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Guest R@ndomH3ro
sneak i thought you were in school??? if you are in school to study this shit you get a discount on the test they are $90.00 go to to the dean of admissions

ORLY??!!

Still I dont think I will be able to take the test this year...

It dont matter...even if they throw in Linux, it still cant be that difficult.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
weird....I was drinking Blue Moon yesterday......

Casek stop stalking me.

i left out the garnish of an orange slice. gonna try that today. i havea couple of blue moons

left over.

funny, only 5.84% alcohol but four got me kinda drunk. i guess not drinking much has its payoffs.

stalking? it's not you i'm stalking. it's the hot wife. i just noticed you drinking blue moon when i was reviewing the tape...i mean, uh.......nevermind!

ORLY??!!

Still I dont think I will be able to take the test this year...

It dont matter...even if they throw in Linux, it still cant be that difficult.

i was wrong its not only linux go to the comptia site http://certification.comptia.org/a/ and select a+ it will explain everything (if you know more about legacy programs like the windows 95/98/200 boot settings and all that troubleshooting shit then take the test now if you know about all the new shit like dual quadcore processors and all the in's and outs of them then take the new test it will cover more in xp (no vista) 2003 xp pro/home/media server 2003

Can you feel “Big Brother” putting another hand on your shoulder?

Just how private is your email?

Apparently not very private – especially at work.

A pair of government decisions attempt to position government tentacles on email. A ruling by a federal court says the government must get a search warrant to review email stored with online providers such as Hotmail. Government lawyers had argued that once a user had read an email, and stored it on a database – as in the case of Hotmail, there was no expectation of privacy. A read, stored email was compared to a postcard lying openly on a desktop.

Meanwhile, another set of federal rules that go into effect today forbids employers from destroying any stored email of its employees. The rules are said to protect litigants who might require access to stored emails in the discovery process.

It has become apparent that the old rule about never sending an email “you don’t want the boss to see” applies more than ever.

That is why I have so much great respect for the compassionate, wonderful leaders of our federal government…

a freidn of mine, a govt employee, confirmed to me that

cell phones can be turned on remotely, any camera can be used

remotely, as well as the microphone being used to pick up

a whole rooms worth of conversation.

in his briefings by NSA ppls, they were warned about this.

this is why at his job, no one is allowed to carry a cell into the workplace.

top secret ish. damn. haha. i told you guys.

only cost a 99 bucks go buy it

Tons of shit only costs that much to buy, but why would I if I could get it for free???

I don't want it enough to buy it, so I'd rather steal it.

And didn't I specifically ask Casek? It's because I think you're a childish nerd who needs to be right in order to boost what little ego he saved after devoting his life to being a nerd...

Peace.

this is why they are only making digital phones now because they can be pinged by satelites same with tvs they have installed microphones inside them so government can listen in when they want to (i think you are the one who told me about that)

Guest R@ndomH3ro

This is true....

the policy on cell phones is the same at my work

awwww bad news

AMD's fancy new Quad FX chips smeared by single Intel CPU

With as much AMD fanfare as there was leading up to this release, you'd think they would've managed to drum up a bit better showing. After running up against a battery of benchmark tests, AMD's Quad FX dual CPU platform has been throughly trounced by Intel's QX6700 2.66GHz processor. While things looks great on paper for AMD, with exciting amounts of bandwidth between the two processors, and dedicated memory for each chip, in practice the Quad FX platform is an utter power hog (double that of the QX6700), and only squeezed by Intel in a handful of tests, while for the most part racking up loss after loss, trailing from 10 to 40 percent behind the Intel's 65nm quad-core chip. Price is also a concern, since even though AMD is pricing the actual chips aggressively, you'll still have to spring around $480 for the only motherboard that can handle 'em, and those 1000W power supplies don't really come cheap. Of course, AMD does have 65nm chips on the way, which should do better against Intel on a clock-to-clock basis, and Windows Vista will include lots of mult-thread enhancements to "even the playing field," but there's still no denying that AMD got spanked in this round, and we don't suppose Intel will just be sitting around while AMD plays catch up.

MPAA: it's OK to copy movies if you keep them in a vault

During the Q&A at last night's screening of Kirby Dick's "This Film is Not Yet Rated," Dick recounted the story of how his film was unlawfully duplicated by the MPAA's ratings board. He submitted one copy of his movie to the MPAA, extracting a promise that no more copies would be made -- the MPAA's own anti-piracy materials describe making a single unauthorized duplication as an act of piracy.

Once it got out that the MPAA had made its "pirated" copy of Dick's movie, one of the MPAA's lawyers called Dick up to admit that the cartel had indeed made an infringing copy, but not to worry, "The copy is safe in my vault."

At this point, I raised my hand and asked if Dick thought anyone caught downloading movies from the Internet could get off the hook by saying, "Don't worry, I keep my copies safe in my vault?" Link