<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

ATTN CASEK and the other Tech Gurus,

im thinking of getting a laptop and need help deciding.....the stores are all equal distance and these are all black friday specials...so here it goes:

BEST BUY:

Notebook

intel centrino moblie tech

intel core solo processor T1350

512MB DDR2 memory

80gb HD

Reads and Writes dvds, cds

windows vista compatible

@$379.99

CIRCUIT CITY:

COMPAQ Presario Notebook

INTEL celeron M processor 420

Built in 802.HG Wireless

reads and writes cds+dvds

512 Mb DDR and 60 GB HD

HP total care 24 hr assistance

@$299.00

there were others, but these were the only ones i felt were in my budget....please feel free to offer suggestions, ideas, and whether i should buy one now or wait....im not in a rush or anything, i just want to make a good decision.

gracias senores

M_I

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OK, problem again. Lately my connection has been acting dodgy, sometimes is like it times out kinda. I open the computer, open browser (same for IE MOZ and OPERA) i manage to check 3 sites/links and then thats it, browser cant find the page. Tried closing the firewall (just updated to Kerio from ZApro) and all kinds of apps...but the ONLY thing that works is going through TCP/IP and put auto-assign. When i do that it works like a charm.

My problem is that i want a static IP for all my p2p port forwarding needs.

Check my comp with the latest defs on spy sweeper, s&d etc etc and its clean.

Help a kneegrow out

Guest R@ndomH3ro

im thinking of getting a laptop and need help deciding.....the stores are all equal distance and these are all black friday specials...so here it goes:

BEST BUY:

Notebook

512MB DDR2 memory

80gb HD

windows vista compatible

@$379.99

CIRCUIT CITY:

COMPAQ Presario Notebook

Built in 802.HG Wireless

512 Mb DDR and 60 GB HD

@$299.00

there were others, but these were the only ones i felt were in my budget....please feel free to offer suggestions, ideas, and whether i should buy one now or wait....im not in a rush or anything, i just want to make a good decision.

gracias senores

M_I

heard that new Intel Core is pretty Gangsta....but why only 512DDR2 Ram?? I would upgrade that to 1gb if you can

BEST BUY:

Notebook

512MB DDR2 memory

80gb HD

windows vista compatible

@$379.99

CIRCUIT CITY:

COMPAQ Presario Notebook

Built in 802.HG Wireless

512 Mb DDR and 60 GB HD

@$299.00

gracias senores

M_I

post some links of these

Congress Version 110.0 and Technology

It might be a little difficult to get advice on any computer glitches in the technology corridor on Washington, DC’s K Street in the next few weeks. Chances are, those most knowledgeable in technology will be holding dawn to dusk gatherings to figure out the interface of Congress Version 110.0

Nancy Pelosi , the likely incoming speaker of the House, will naturally inject her “San Francisco values,” into the debate — especially since San Francisco is a proud part of “greater” Silicon Valley. Just a year ago, Pelosi introduced an “innovation agenda,” that included a promise of broadband access to all Americans, and the establishment of educational incentives for a new generation of scientists and technology students.

How will a Democratic majority in both the House and Senate deal with the issue of net neutrality? Corporate giants lusting for a super toll road on the information highway may not get the “laissez faire” response that nearly got the issue through a House committee this year.

Other technical issues facing the new Congress include the future of the NSA surveillance program and copyright protections.

OK, problem again. Lately my connection has been acting dodgy, sometimes is like it times out kinda. I open the computer, open browser (same for IE MOZ and OPERA) i manage to check 3 sites/links and then thats it, browser cant find the page. Tried closing the firewall (just updated to Kerio from ZApro) and all kinds of apps...but the ONLY thing that works is going through TCP/IP and put auto-assign. When i do that it works like a charm.

My problem is that i want a static IP for all my p2p port forwarding needs.

Check my comp with the latest defs on spy sweeper, s&d etc etc and its clean.

Help a kneegrow out

Dudes, please, i'm still fucked here.

do you recommend doing this?

I. Disable DHT

Disabling DHT in Azureus

>Tools >Options >Connection >under "Peer Sources - Select the default permitted sources for peer connections" only check "From a tracker"

>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed DB >uncheck "Enable the distributed database"

>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed Tracker >uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable"

>Tools >Options >Sharing >check "Private torrent - only accept torrents from the tracker (This should automatically grey out and disable "Allow decentralized tracker when tracker is unavailable")

>Save >restart Azureus

You should see a red dot and "Disabled" on the bottom of the main Azureus window.

See the note under "Update" on this page.