<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Mounting ISO's

So I've tried mounting an ISO using DAEMONTOOLS to my hard drive, and i've tried burning the iso image to a cd, but when I try to run the program it still says "cannot find cd, etc". I downloaded and ran sd4hide.exe, but that hasn't helped either. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated, i've been dling these torrents for days and now I can't get them to work. thanks for the help

nino

If this is for a game, and you haven't already solved the problem, you can try getting a no-cd crack from either http://www.gamecopyworld.com or http://www.gameburnworld.com ... but you should use both sites at your own risk.

lets see

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

What Do You Want To See Here

Computer Graphics

Computer Hardware

Computer Security

Computers

Cyberculture

Databases

Embedded Systems

Encryption

Firefox

Hacking

IT

Instant Messaging

Internet

Internet Tools

Java

Linux/Unix

MacOS

Mobile Computing

Multimedia

Network Security

Online Games

Open Source

Operating systems

P2P

PHP

Peripheral Devices

Perl

Programming

Shareware

Software

Supercomputing

Video Games

Web Development

Webhosting

Weblogs

Windows

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

Computer Security

Encryption

Firefox

Hacking

Instant Messaging

Operating systems

P2P

Peripheral Devices

Windows

but mostly just hacking, that shit is uber

hey Mainter or whoever else might be able to help ...

since i tried importing all my preferences and such to a new profile ive lost the ability to copy and paste a single folder or even a document from the old to the new. i can copy but when i switch to the other profile and try to, paste is unselectable. any ideas?

koo koo xp is easy what you talking about willis

and for cygwin that shit is garbage its just a GUI it has no real linux in it you can't run apps or do coding anthing like that

No, I needed it for text-editing some config scripts for a distributed streaming system for the local pirate station I had UL'ed to Mooload. I tried running Puppy from a USB key on a laptop going through a house wifi hub, but since there was no wifi support on the distro, I decided to try Cygwin. Then, I decided it could wait till I got home.

Then, once I got here, the BBQ in the backyard kind of distracted me, and here I am. So, now, I'm putting things on hold till I can give them my undivided attention.

i want some barbeque!

Well, if it's any consolation, I missed out on everything besides the beer. Which is fine with me.

Oh, to the guy that needed an ISO burner- if you're using XP, try BurnCDCC. It works great, and it's free...look for it at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com.

casek, I guess we were talking about different people when you mentioned the Guatemalan drug pimp. I thought you were referring to spectr....he kind of fits the bill.

That's um, all bad.

Do what I did- take the side cover off and use a house fan. It really works.

However, depending on the amount of dust and cat hair floating around Chez Casek, it may or may not be a bad idea. It's your call.

Five fans? Where do you live, the Equator?

I thought my arrangement was a little extreme. Little did I know.

Well, I'm running Tiny XP 4 now. Pretty cool, this is nothing like the XP I used to love to hate.

Is there anything I should turn off or remove from the registry? I'm sure I don't need to elaborate...mostly I'm worried about the WGA thing, but I only used IE long enough to get Opera.

But, yeah, this is nice. Really snappy, kind of reminds me of how Puppy runs on an HD install with lots of RAM. Whoever did this did a kickass job. I may use this a lot more than I planned to...and have to learn how to regedit and use the command prompt again.

I'm doing a full install of Cygwin right now. (Take that, Mainter.)

This could be interesting...if it works out, I could very well end up having the best of both worlds on one machine, and have a seperate Linux box to use whenever I get homesick.

Now all I have to do is install a CVS client and SLSK, then I can get to work installing all of my old XP apps that had the foresight to save.

I just realized that I could also toss the P4 board into the RAID box, since the RAID driver was XP only. I'd love to get back to work on the beast again. I just got an extra PCI video card from spectr....whoo, dual monitors! Finally!

Well, I guess I'll be busy for a couple days. I'll stop in and let you know what the progress looks like.

Okay, forget the full install of Cygwin. Four gigs is too much. I just wanted Midnight Commander. I'll just go with a dual boot setup, in the interest of expediency.

I've got a question for casek. I want to reinstall the Foldershare client....since it's an MS app, would they be able to figure out what version of XP I'm running? Better yet, which one were you running when I had you sign up for it?

What I've decided to do is simply find all the XP versions of the Open Source apps I was running on MEPIS. There's not too many- so far I've installed GTK, the GIMP, GAIM, and Opera. Oh, I got SLSK back too...same username, for those who remember when I was on there a lot last year.