<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Since I moved into my apartment about 6 months ago I've been borrowing the wireless internet, either from a neighbor or one of the businesses below me. The connection has always been fast and my laptop has never had a problem grabbing the wireless signal until just recently. Now I can only connect when I go to the back side of my place, when before I used to pick it up anywhere. I'm guessing that the router sending out the signal has been moved. Is there any way I can boost this incoming wireless signal without physically messing around with the router it's coming from?

Since I moved into my apartment about 6 months ago I've been borrowing the wireless internet, either from a neighbor or one of the businesses below me. The connection has always been fast and my laptop has never had a problem grabbing the wireless signal until just recently. Now I can only connect when I go to the back side of my place, when before I used to pick it up anywhere. I'm guessing that the router sending out the signal has been moved. Is there any way I can boost this incoming wireless signal without physically messing around with the router it's coming from?

http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/

http://binarywolf.com/249/

You definitely have to break into the apartment and move the router. At gunpoint, if necessary.

The internet is serious business.

Or you can invest in a wifi sniffer. It just tells you when there's a strong signal in the area.

Try Damn Small, casek.

www.damnsmalllinux.org

I have yet to find a computer it doesn't work on. I have the AIM phone on, if you have questions.

dude, it's for a person who wouldn't understand linux

annnnnnnd they are probably going to use dialup.

popping out the cmos battery didn't work. fucking compfuser

only wants to count ram and then stop....

i hate compaq.

They don't need to understand Linux. It has Firefox and a word processor, and that's all most people need. Plus it's only 50 MB so it will fit on any HD made since the mid 90's.

Have you tried flashing the BIOS yet?

They don't need to understand Linux. It has Firefox and a word processor, and that's all most people need. Plus it's only 50 MB so it will fit on any HD made since the mid 90's.

Have you tried flashing the BIOS yet?

dude, i looked at compaqs site and the only thing they have is windows based flashes.

Hey yall, So I just started paying attention to rss feeds to make my life easier (slow, i'm aware)

So far i've really liked Google's Reader

But now that I that I think about it I don't know how much I should trust Google

Any of you have issues with their services? privacy policies?

And are their better rss reader/feed thingamajigs out there, that youse would recommend using?

mmm yeah I remember my friend going on and on about them and how he uses a better "unconnected/less scandalous?/invasive?" searcher. I was all like what the fuck ever dude no one's fucking with google search

Shit I even have two gmail accounts

At this point I don't really give a damn if big brother knows everything about me through the internets.