<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Earlier on you guys told me that I needed a printer cable or somethign to get all my old stuff off my old comp. I went to the shop yesterday to haev a look and there were heaps of the things, but I was wondering what the one I have to get looks like.

Can somebody please post a pic (or give me pin config details?)

Thanks mate.

So once I hook it up I just do a search for new hardware and it should give me access to the other comps hard-drive?

My friend who works in IT just told me to take out the harddrive from the other comp and make it a slave drive or somehting, but the cable option sounds alot easier.

Thanks again.

My friend has a Hp Media Center pc m260n

CHP.PC.HP.M260N.jpg

He bought a Samsung 731bf because the comp had no monitor

DAS1026B.jpg

I assumed (what do I know, I own a mac now) that I could simply plug in the cable to the tower and to the monitor and be good to go.

However, The monitor simply says "check signal cable, digital"

I tried to change the source to analog, but I still get the same error, and it goes back to saying digital.

What gives?

Do I need to instal the drivers? How do I instal the drivers when I have no monitor to view windows with?